If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. guys... Much appreciated... This is indeed very useful!

Post Thanks / Like
    do the print labs post-process (a little tweak) your digital images before printing them?

checking exposure and the like? any chance they should print it as is (files you gave them)?
    Why do Canon HDSLRs shoot with Nikkors?

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.vimeo.com/arisguerrero/

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Gil!

Post Thanks / Like

If you pay peanuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Sagmaquen
    i am printing class pics kasi..
    Hi Jerry,

Interesting question really, you had me thinking... "value vs. cost" Here's my take on it...

Labs that are used to printing for Pros like yourself normally have a special volume rate - especially if it's 1,000 5R's of the same pic! If your staking your name on your photographs as most do, then I suppose you'd like the print quality to represent the level and quality of photography that you deliver.

Since you're paying the lab for output, it would be reasonable for you to expect that the skintones must at least be realistic, whites are clean with no color casts. The blacks should be pure and are truly black. (You may be surprised to find that there are quite a lot of greenish blacks and bluish blacks out there.) I would say that this is the bare minimum quality any lab worth it's salt should keep -- ideally.

Also, is the lab willing to work with your files? Meaning, will the operator help you out by doing some minor color or density corrections based on his judgement? Will he resize your file to get best resolution at 5R? Really good operators are well known, and keen photogs develop a working relationship with them so the operator understands your preferences.

Lastly, do your customers care about which paper your pics are printed on? Some prefer one brand to the other. You can always charge a premium for a known brand over a lesser known one.

In the final analysis, even if the pictures were printed by someone else, all the students know is that you took the picture since you're name is probably on the envelope... and they will judge your work by your print.

So I think if you can get quality at P7.00 a 5R, then it's a match made in heaven! If not, then...

Choose wisely!

Edwin

Post Thanks / Like

Special Discount for Pros

Hi Jerry,

I agree with Edwin. You can never sacrifice your name, integrity and credibility for a few pesos. What you can do is also apply for a discount card for professionals at Fuji Digital Imaging. You get 20% discount in all of your prints and other services like CD burning. Annual fee is only Php 250.00, valid for one (1) year and will be waived the following year if you meet the minimum quota of prints which I'm sure you will because your job orders are in bulk. What's good about Fuji Pro Discount Card is that it is valid in all of their branches except for some like in Greenhills which is not company-owned and being managed by a franchise holder. Fuji also has special coating. It is waterproof and the skin tones are better than other brands. Their printers are also digital and has 4th layer technology.
    Last edited by Eric Dino; 09-21-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ro_deleon
    Digiprint is okay as well as Picture City...
    what's the contact number of diGiPrint? tnx
    come visit my galleries:

My Multiply
    Multiply
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tracy_arciaga
    what's the contact number of diGiPrint? tnx
    just check their website http://www.digiprint.com.ph/. it would depend on which branch you would want to reach

Post Thanks / Like
    there a slightly changed topic (from cheapest) to affordable

http://www.digitalphotographer.com.p...ead.php?t=1900

cheap does not have to be poor quality..i'm actually looking for minor retouch and changes from the pic (i hate my pics being resized, zoomed, cropped etc), and preferably, high quality dye sublimation prints, water resistant/tear proof paper..

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Digiprint.. I noticed that Cebu & Davao are not included on their branch list. I wonder why, since I think there could also be a number of significant market in these 2 booming cities.

Post Thanks / Like

Can always consider JT Photoworld (5366590-91) can also do pick-up and delivery!