If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

external hard drives

hi guys,

what's a good brand for an external hard drive? any suggestions where to get one?

thanks in advance,

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure you're gonna get a reply from Dave soon.

What works for us here is Maxtor and Lacie. We usually get them from Park Square.

Rob might PM you also.
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Iomega Minimax has good reviews. I personally use a generic hard drive and case though, works well, no problems so far. Just be cautious of firewire cases if it's not branded; I had one before and the circuit burned out... and check if the drive has warranty too.

Goodluck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Iomega a lot. Great value for money. I also have Lacie and Maxtor and they are OK too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am using the LaCie mini Hard Drive and Hub as a Firewire hard drive to store my images and music. Comes with additional USB and Firewire ports for connecting other devices. Performance is pretty good with a fanless low-noise operation.

Post Thanks / Like

external hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by john_javellana
    hi guys,

what's a good brand for an external hard drive? any suggestions where to get one?

thanks in advance,

John
    john, if you're in a tight budget and you need a large capacity HD, go to any store in Gilmore ave, QC (St Paul's, QC) and buy an internal hard disk and a HD encasement with USB2 / firewire ports... this is the cost-effective way of having a large capacity external HD... also, make sure you scout all the stores for the best-looking encasement, ok? hindi lang kasi lenses and cameras ang nakakadagdag pogi points.

but if your budget permits for a branded ext HD, i have friends who are happy for so long with their Maxtor ext HDs... yup, handsome casing of course, but very pricey and has low capacity ...

so it's up to you ok?

btw, check out CD-R King in the area ... i once saw that store with a handsome encasement... baka sakaling available pa

Post Thanks / Like
    250gig Iomega for music, videos, documents and pics. But it looks to me i need another one to speparate my pics from Vids, music and documents.

It works like a charm
    Cheers,
    MarTon Benitez
    Nikon Squad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john_javellana
    hi guys,

thanks in advance,

John
    I use a Lacie Hard drive and a SeaGate internal hard drive with an external casing (good for the budget)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    i use a 80 GB 2.5" western digital harddrive with a cool enclosure on an outdoor and travel purpose+ipod video 30GB w/ usb connector...3 x 80GB 3.5" western digital harddrive on an enclosure for archiving my images back at base. going out for printing i got a 2 GB sandisk frash drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the IOmega ones for containment units and I also have alot of Notebook HDD in casings as well.