If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photoshop Haters

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurLegardo View Post
    Haters probably are probably film shooters.
    So you are saying film shooters sucks????? why not try doing film photography by yourself...

I use PS but very very minimal....The reason why some people hate PS is because the use of it becomes very hardcore and no longer a photography aspect... The problem is there is a very thin line between Digital Photography and Graphic Artistry....

There should be a balance between the two.... but not necessarily 50-50... it may be 70-30 will do...
    Last edited by DoiVillanueva; 02-14-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvilleyes/

facebook.com/DoiVillanuevaPhotography

http://www.metallicportraits.com/#1

"Capturing lovely,unusual stories in a frame"

Nobody likes a stiff photographer--- Nigel Barker

Post Thanks / Like

I hate photoshop users who abuse it and I admire photoshop users who knows well how to use it properly. For Example if the image taken straight from the camera is good enough why bother editing and other stuff such as brightness, exposure, contrast, saturation etc. Photoshop is fun but anything that is too much has its own cons... The camera alone has the settings and sub settings that can be change before hand. Filters, and light meters are readily avaible too if your worry about your exif. Photoshop is just tool if its really needed for such commercial and business purpose alike. Bottom line practice makes perfect. Majority of DSLR has the edit tool. If not sure set your cam to manual first do test shot and review. If you are keen enough you'll know what settings you need. At the end traditional photography is still highly appriciated than the edited ones...

PHOTOGRAPHERS TO THINK ABOUT: Are you a Photographer or a Photo Editor?
    NIKON D90+SIGMA17-70mmf/2.8-4 OS HSM Macro|BenroTripodA300EX|Yong
    Nou460IISpeedLight|DelseyCamera Bag
    © malvin camina| Back Packer:PHOTOGRAPHER

I'm a Digital Photographer and I shoot by Tradition...

Post Thanks / Like

I only use photoshop to enhance colors of clothing or removing unecessary artifacts in the image. For instance, I once shot kids playing in a park..the shot was nice but there are items scattered around (some garbage actually...remnants from the snacks they are eating) I really had to remove them.

I try to use photoshop to enhance a model's nose but would revert back to the original when finalizing PP.

For fun shoots it's a different story though LOL
    Shadrach™
    Panasonic FZ100

Determination and inspiration...the only tools I need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78244702@N07/

Post Thanks / Like

some people rely on the camera's software to process the editing for them. jpeg shooters usually are those who prefer to use the picture control settings (saturation, contrast, sharpening, etc) of the camera and make adjustments PRIOR to taking pictures. that's absolutely fine. but there are those who prefer to use a third party software and make the adjustments AFTER taking pictures (especially RAW shooters like me). so whether someone is aware or not, editing is always present. you just have to choose if you want to do it before or after taking pictures. you just need to choose whether you trust your camera's picture control settings, or do it afterwards with photoshop which gives you more degree of flexibility. either way is acceptable. unless you shoot raw and immediately convert to jpeg and be satisfied with edit-less photos.
    Wonder World
    Captured by Nikon

Post Thanks / Like

Im editing my pictures in adobe photoshop BECAUSE it can't be done in dark room!!! intiendes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richardromano View Post
    Im editing my pictures in adobe photoshop BECAUSE it can't be done in dark room!!! intiendes?
    Why... you haven't tried soaking your memory card on those chemicals? LOL
    "A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." -Eudora Welty

Facebook | Flickr | LightCraft Digital | Team Nikon Bullies

Post Thanks / Like

02-21-2012

I am still learning how to use PSE 9.

benrose

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yohandelacruz View Post
    Why... you haven't tried soaking your memory card on those chemicals? LOL

Bwahhahahahaha!!! Ayawwww :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoiVillanueva View Post
    So you are saying film shooters sucks????? why not try doing film photography by yourself...

I use PS but very very minimal....The reason why some people hate PS is because the use of it becomes very hardcore and no longer a photography aspect... The problem is there is a very thin line between Digital Photography and Graphic Artistry....

There should be a balance between the two.... but not necessarily 50-50... it may be 70-30 will do...

here's my thought about the above higlighted statement:

graphic artistry is creating images by merely using what is available within photoshop while digital photography is the art of using a digital camera to cature images, preferrably in raw mode, and "developing" those images in photoshop...so it's not a thin line afterall...?

me thinks...

Post Thanks / Like

For me photographs that has been Photoshopped a lot like those wax models / cosplay shots with added effects to look like they have powers / etc... are "photo manipulation" and not just photography anymore. Since you already "manipulated" the photo and not just enhanced it.