If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photoshop Haters

Quote Originally Posted by PaoZapatero View Post
    I only use Adobe Lightroom, a photographer's software... Quite minimal editing...

The Adobe C series are way too advance and gives to much power to the user... absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if your going to be a Graphic Artist, then I have nothing to say... hehe...
    Last night, I watched Spiderman on HBO. I can't help but correlate your statement to Uncle Ben's.. "With great powers comes great responsibility"

It's so easy to fall in love with photoshop with its vast array of tools, brushes but I have to agree with the majority that strong fundamentals eliminate hours spent on retouching and tweaking a photo.
    Carpe diem - Seize the Day!

I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDenver View Post
    It's so easy to fall in love with photoshop with its vast array of tools, brushes but I have to agree with the majority that strong fundamentals eliminate hours spent on retouching and tweaking a photo.
    Agree and most of the time, bad images cannot really be "saved" by Photoshop.

Post Thanks / Like

hi! i use PS but for editing/retouching/adding effects only...i love PS, but i hate it when other photogs overdo it.

there is this incident, where i saw an FB friend of mine posted his shot in a photography group in FB, the pic was totally been edited like, he change the background, added lighting effects etc, i know it cause i saw him post it as it is, its a studio shot, manipulated to look like he shoot it in a room with big windows etc... im not against it, im totally not against photo manipulation because that was my 1st love when i begun learning photoshop but what disappoints me is that he pretended that it is shot as it is, everyone is commenting that he did a nice lighting, composition and they even asked where did the shoot take place... he just acted like he deserves all the comments...me as a passionate wanna be photog, it really kinda disappoints me... there's nothing wrong if you want to be a hardcore graphic artist, but pls differentiate photo-manipulation from photography...

BTW, im a newbie, and im really dedicated to photography... may i pls ask po how to post pics here? i just want to share some of my hard works for c&c.. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Den Galvez View Post
    hi! i use PS but for editing/retouching/adding effects only...i love PS, but i hate it when other photogs overdo it.

there is this incident, where i saw an FB friend of mine posted his shot in a photography group in FB, the pic was totally been edited like, he change the background, added lighting effects etc, i know it cause i saw him post it as it is, its a studio shot, manipulated to look like he shoot it in a room with big windows etc... im not against it, im totally not against photo manipulation because that was my 1st love when i begun learning photoshop but what disappoints me is that he pretended that it is shot as it is, everyone is commenting that he did a nice lighting, composition and they even asked where did the shoot take place... he just acted like he deserves all the comments...me as a passionate wanna be photog, it really kinda disappoints me... there's nothing wrong if you want to be a hardcore graphic artist, but pls differentiate photo-manipulation from photography...

BTW, im a newbie, and im really dedicated to photography... may i pls ask po how to post pics here? i just want to share some of my hard works for c&c.. thanks!

you can post it in IMAGE HOSTING sites such as IMAGESHACK or if you have a FLICKR account, much better...there's the BB code in the share page, kindly copy and paste it on your board....I am not as good as explaining here but there are forum rules on how to post pictures,.....sorry couldn't be much help...

Post Thanks / Like

I think Photoshop is great with all the things that it allows the user to do...but it's too expensive for a hobbyist like myself. Maybe for PROs, they could really invest in the complete CS Suite. For my purposes, I'm using Capture NX2 and Lightroom 3 and Picasa 3 for watermarking. And yeah, I always try and do things right when I take the photo so I won't have to do a lot of changes/adjustments in post.
    “We do not take pictures with our cameras, but with our hearts and minds.” -Arnold Newman

Noctilux Dreams

Post Thanks / Like

Great photoshopped images started with a great photographs most of the time.
    I like tweaking photos also, and you can say that up to the extent that I am overdoing it also.
    But of course, I just happen to know the basics also and lighting just to avoid re-doing everything on photoshop that IMHO always doesn't give the better result.
    Can somebody give boundaries to what is overdone and not in PS?
    Could we include Dave Hill and Manny Librodo's photographs as overdone?
    If the definition of overdoing it means putting excessive amount of hours editing a photo, removing unwanted things that has been included, enhancing tones and lighting then they might be fall under the class of "overdoers" and I could say that I am one of those.
    But on the first place, they are very much aware of the basics and even advance methods in photography and I really love their works.
    And photoshopped or not, it falls under "art" right?!

On the other hand I also find plain and untouched photos extremely interesting especially when it has its natural old-school touch into it.
    Haters?! Come on!

Just my two cents.

"When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in B&W, you photograph their souls!"
    -Ted Grant

[ Canon EOS Kiss X3 | Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II | Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS | Canon Speedlight 430Ex II ]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/topengdelgado/
    http://topengdelgado.tumblr.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tok Paler View Post
    I admire the people who are very good in photoshop! This application requires alot of skill and creativity. I view them as paintings and the ones who do those kind of work are artists in their own right. What bothers me though is using the tool to add or subtract elements that were not there in the first place and tell people "na walang photoshop 'yan" as in the case of those photojourns who emphasized their photos to make the photo more dramatic and exaggerated, unethical and borderline immoral in my opinion.
    In my case, i use PS to enhance those elements much in the same way a photographer may spend hours on end inside a darkroom (GIGO = Garbage In, Garbage out. You have to have a good photo to begin with). After all, it is a digital darkroom of sorts! =b
    I do agree with Mr Tok.. using PS is just to enhance the image which already good and making it more brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marvindimal View Post
    I think Photoshop is great with all the things that it allows the user to do...but it's too expensive for a hobbyist like myself. Maybe for PROs, they could really invest in the complete CS Suite. For my purposes, I'm using Capture NX2 and Lightroom 3 and Picasa 3 for watermarking. And yeah, I always try and do things right when I take the photo so I won't have to do a lot of changes/adjustments in post.
    I also use Picasa 3 for watermark purposes. It's very easy to use and it's simple

What's the use of Lightroom 3?

I would love to learn PhotoShop but it's really quite difficult for me. I can ONLY use it for cropping pictures

I love to use Photoscape if I need to add texts to my pictures

I'm not a hater of PhotoShop but I want to learn how to compose my picture on camera in the first place. Iniisip ko lagi pag kumukuha ako ng picture na isa-submit ko yung picture sa Canon PhotoMarathon -- syempre it should be PhotoShop-free
    Elmer B. Domingo
    http://elmerlovescanon.blogspot.com

Nuffnang PH Blogger, Ragnarok Player, Hobbyist Photographer (Nayon Photographers' Club) and Canon EOS 1100D User

Post Thanks / Like

ansel adams : the old traditional dark room. modern photographers : photoshop.

ansel adams which if not most of us, all of us truly admire... did "edit" his photos, thru dodging, burning,
    manipulating the development of the film, etc. The "end product" - the image, whether "raw" or "edited" is what matters. After all, both are "expressions" of what you as the photographer or as an artist would like to convey that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willy_palacios View Post
    .....I hate photoshop coz I don't know how to use it hehehehe
    Same with me

I really envy people who can use it to their advantage. I also tried to watch YouTube video about PhotoShop and like one of the guys that posted here, I also felt asleep
    Elmer B. Domingo
    http://elmerlovescanon.blogspot.com

Nuffnang PH Blogger, Ragnarok Player, Hobbyist Photographer (Nayon Photographers' Club) and Canon EOS 1100D User