If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182526272829 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photoshop Haters

Photoshop and Lightroom are tools for photo enhancement. I have no issues about it being used, but it's really the rate that the images are manipulated that gets to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaoZapatero View Post
    I only use Adobe Lightroom, a photographer's software... Quite minimal editing...

The Adobe C series are way too advance and gives to much power to the user... absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if your going to be a Graphic Artist, then I have nothing to say... hehe...
    plus 1 on your post bro...hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

"People will always discredit your work if you tell them you "photoshop" your images. Rather, tell them that you process them in the "digital darkroom"." - Eric Kim

"Don't bother starting an online debate with anyone with an anime/robot avatar. It's a tragic waste of time.
    " -
    lourd de veyra
    http://icewater.shutterfly.com

[bebelgum project]

Post Thanks / Like

i love ps but i hate it because i have so much to learn using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try PS as soon as I get it to work with CR2 files. In the meantime, I guess I am exempted from the hating because I use something else - RawTherapee (CR2) or Fireworks CS4 (minor JPG adjustments).

I hate how I can't seem to get PS to read my CR2 files!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

IMHO, Photoshop is just a tool, specially now in the world of Digital Photography (like wise with LR, CaptureNX, even in ViewNX) these are tools not necessary required to be use, but essential whenever intended.

But i do have also a question, i know some here use photoshop to remove smudges, or clone to remove something.. i know there are photograph that requires timing in such like waiting for the right moment. But if the photo that you have taken at the moment and you consider and decided that it okay based also on the LCD (920k resolution).. so you packup and got home but once you have transferred it on the computer with a 27in wide screen and notices the photograph... some have blemishes/ some parts not properly lit/ eyes are not sharp enough/ .. would you require again to re-shoot? or try edit it on the PS? is it cropping also a Post Processing?

So thread should be, Your "Photos fresh from the camera, no-pp" and the other thread should be "Photograph with PP"

=)

It all boils down.. what are your intention on that photograph....
    [ D3100 | 18-105 with FootZoom ]

We all have our time machines.
    Some take us back... they're called memories.
    Some take us forward... they're called dreams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Maybe we could just try to shoot ready to print shots so we don't have to use PP. Unless ofcourse its for an ad or a campaign or something that might require photomanipulation.
    Photography is an art, not science. So whatever looks good to you is right.

Post Thanks / Like

for me, just use it to your advantage.....whatever effect or treatment you may want to express then that serves it's purpose.....as long as you are contended with it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

^ agree.

i rarely go into Photoshop. i mostly use it's Camera Raw plug-in which is more than enough. the Camera Raw plug-in has plug-ins as well that you can download

Post Thanks / Like

<thread bump>

Is there anyone there who say they dislike Photoshop, but use light room, gimp, or any other Image Editing Software? I understand that PS has more tools and options, and therefore is not a tool that is for exclusive use of photographers only but can also be utilized by graphic artists... but still, doesn't using PP software other than PS then saying they dislike Photoshop seem, well, kinda hypocritical?

Also, are there anyone who says they dislike Photoshop, but tend to use plug-ins for the same, or any of the other editing tools mentioned above? If so, does that not mean that what they dislike is not that an image is "photoshopped" but that they are merely venting out because of the fact that they can't process the image manually by themselves and get it right? Does this really mean that the hate for PS is simply the lack of dedication, time, interest, or even intelligence to use it properly for photographic purposes?

I am just learning the ropes in photography, and learning to use PS for a more photographic purpose, so i'd really want to know the heart of the matter in our local photography scene. Likewise, I also believe in "getting-things-right-in-camera", but concede to the fact that the camera sensor does not see what i see (since BW films have a smaller dynamic range than the eye, color films less than BW films, and camera sensors even less than the previous two), thus a need for "human intervention" to employ the photographic vision effectively (like High-key or low-key treatment for example, where good light set-up will give the general effect... but D&B-ing would make it "pop").

I believe that PS can be a great tool to "Develop the Picture" in the same way that the darkroom, proper combination of chemicals and grades of paper etc. was to film, it's just that it is more accessible to the public, and as mentioned earlier not an exclusive photographic tool... and the fact that you can always undo-redo (which was just not cost effective in film days since you either develop correctly with what you want or start from square one) often finds many photographers going overboard in post (like myself, guilty, hehehe).
    So therefore, i think it is up to us, a community of photographers to properly define, as in like a legislative definition, of at least a standard set of parameters in which PS is used to employ proper photographic vision (e.g. perspective, lens correction, limits of D&B, color grading, tone mapping etc.) and define a limitation which separates Photo-developing or retouch from photo-manipulation or graphic arts (like completely changing the bone structure of the model for example)..

just my 2cents, and i pray it would be helpful to the community, even if the words came from a total novice like me...
    if not, oh well...
    Where's the sense in owning a DSLR if you're simply going to POINT AND SHOOT anyway??

https://www.facebook.com/khaii13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithcidphotographia/