If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: CF Card Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation CF Card Problem

The situation is like this, i took photos of a wedding and when i got home i uploaded the photos in my computer using a cf card reader. After uploading in put back the cf card in my 30D and when i check the photos, my camera can't read the files "no images on cf card" but the photos are still in the card. Is there a problem with my card or my camera? How do i resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rich N. Villas
    The situation is like this, i took photos of a wedding and when i got home i uploaded the photos in my computer using a cf card reader. After uploading in put back the cf card in my 30D and when i check the photos, my camera can't read the files "no images on cf card" but the photos are still in the card. Is there a problem with my card or my camera? How do i resolve this? Thanks in advance.
    This could be a longshot... but I have seen viruses that only infect external storage devices... check for infections.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." ~Ansel Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    If you were able to upload to your computer, can you view the files from your PC? If so, you're safe.

Try loading the CF card in another camera. If you can view it, there's something wrong with your 30D. If you can't view it, baka nga na virus na as Peter suggested. Just format your CF from your camera.
    virtually,
    aly

Post Thanks / Like
    I also experienced this problems in a SD card... when I checked amount of storage that is already occupied it show that the card contains pics but when I view it, it shows "no image"
    These are the moments, These are the times
    Let's make the best out of our lives...

Multiply
    DeviantArt
    FotoLogue

Post Thanks / Like

This has recently started to happen with my 3+ yr old D70. I just take it out and put it back in again. This usually solves the problem. In other cases I replace the card with my spare and keep shooting. When I get home I find that I am able to recover most all of the files except the last frame just before it stalled. I guess this has something to do with the buffer or something. That being said it is very rare. And it teaches you to always use a spare or backup camera, be it a 2nd SLR or even a P&S. Just try to take doubles of the most important shots, esp if you are shooting alone.