If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Open Photoshoot. CnC are very much welcome

Quote Originally Posted by marcsimonn View Post
    well here's something i got so far.. its not much, though! for everyone's C&C. Thanks!

IMG_3892_1 by marksman_marcky, on Flickr

Lets leave the Cnc to the experts. though you should've created a thread of yours for it so that others may easily see your post. but I don't mind really. lol anyway, one thing I learned from Mr. Nelson Yu when taking portraits is that we really have to avoid cutting appendages. But if it can't be avoided try not to crop near joints.

Post Thanks / Like

You have improved a lot, Jaime - basing my judgement on your first photowalk posting a couple of months back. What Nelson suggested are true and I totally agree with them. If I may just add a tad of tips as well, kapatid:

Sheemmy3 - If you'll look at the model's left shoulder, you can clone out that dark spot on the upper area. I'm guessing that was all ambient light there, would have been nicer if you've used a reflector to lessen the shadows on her face and arm.

Karen2 - Quick touch-ups on the underarm area, clone out the dot on her face, and remove the bulging nerve on the foot.

Faith - clone out the dot on her face. The wing band is too tight, which then wrapped the mass on her armpit area making it look bulkier.

I have not commented on directing the model's poses, as this is my weak point as well - I feel you bro. We have yet to open our eyes more to see the details even further. That is why I am very thankful for people such as Nelson Yu who selflessly share their expertise through their CnCs.

HTH, kapatid.
    If life gives you LEMONS, go out and buy TEQUILA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Ray Sanchez View Post
    You have improved a lot, Jaime - basing my judgement on your first photowalk posting a couple of months back. What Nelson suggested are true and I totally agree with them. If I may just add a tad of tips as well, kapatid:

Sheemmy3 - If you'll look at the model's left shoulder, you can clone out that dark spot on the upper area. I'm guessing that was all ambient light there, would have been nicer if you've used a reflector to lessen the shadows on her face and arm.

Karen2 - Quick touch-ups on the underarm area, clone out the dot on her face, and remove the bulging nerve on the foot.

Faith - clone out the dot on her face. The wing band is too tight, which then wrapped the mass on her armpit area making it look bulkier.

I have not commented on directing the model's poses, as this is my weak point as well - I feel you bro. We have yet to open our eyes more to see the details even further. That is why I am very thankful for people such as Nelson Yu who selflessly share their expertise through their CnCs.

HTH, kapatid.

I'm flattered bro that you still remember me. Haha. And I think these improvements is because of you guys who gave me constructive criticisms. And for the tips will certainly note it and try to apply it next time. Since I'm still struggling to have a grasp in PS.

Oh btw, I added the Manny Librodo Sharpening Technique (Luko) to the photos that I posted since this is the only workflow that I know so far. Will be venturing more about this next time.

Thanks by the way bro!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JaimePunio View Post
    ...But I just thought of "I just wanted to see and know the inputs of real photographers for me to learn and to improve on". Though is this the right mindset? Or I should've not posted the photo in the first place?..
    Getting feedback is always good and is a fast track on improving your skills. Though you may want to put forward what you think are your best shots. Be your own worst critic, trust what you think looks good and develop your own style. If what you get from these critiques is only to be able to reproduce what the majority of others are doing, then it fails. Also always be humble especially when you think you are already good.

First shoots are always memorable. Trust me a year from now, youd look at these pictures in disbelief of how much you've improved. Just keep shooting/learning and HTH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaimePunio View Post
    Lets leave the Cnc to the experts. though you should've created a thread of yours for it so that others may easily see your post. but I don't mind really. lol anyway, one thing I learned from Mr. Nelson Yu when taking portraits is that we really have to avoid cutting appendages. But if it can't be avoided try not to crop near joints.
    I am always guilty of cutting near joints thanks for pointing that out. Will open up my thread soon when I get through the process of sortimg my shots. In the meantime, I appreciate your kindness of accomodating my shot up there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlo Ibarra View Post
    Getting feedback is always good and is a fast track on improving your skills. Though you may want to put forward what you think are your best shots. Be your own worst critic, trust what you think looks good and develop your own style. If what you get from these critiques is only to be able to reproduce what the majority of others are doing, then it fails. Also always be humble especially when you think you are already good.

First shoots are always memorable. Trust me a year from now, youd look at these pictures in disbelief of how much you've improved. Just keep shooting/learning and HTH.

Thanks for the thoughts bro. Really appreciate it. I really want my forte to be Street Photography but as of now I'm still building up some confidence to try to shoot in the streets. So for the meantime I'm trying the other genres like this. For this weekend I'm sure I'll be taking up landscaping since we will be in Coron tomorrow. lol Though thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by marcsimonn View Post
    I am always guilty of cutting near joints thanks for pointing that out. Will open up my thread soon when I get through the process of sortimg my shots. In the meantime, I appreciate your kindness of accomodating my shot up there

I am really guilty of cutting appendages as well. But when we were on Wildlife last Sunday. The one thing I keep repeating saying to myself is "don't cut appendages. don't cut appendages" haha. Anyway, will be looking forward to your thread bro.

Post Thanks / Like

keep shooting bro, ain't no other way to get better than to practice!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Its a good start,. try to see other images, study them and try to innovate their style of photography. Because if you stay on your style of photography your not going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ojies Fotografi View Post
    Its a good start,. try to see other images, study them and try to innovate their style of photography. Because if you stay on your style of photography your not going anywhere.

will do so bro. I'm still getting inspirations from other photos that I could see and trying to grasp what style best suits me. But still so much to learn in this world. hehe. thanks bro!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pretty good for someone just starting! I feel there's another light source being used which produced good results.
    The colors, white balance, and contrast are good, too much sharpening though.
    One thing concerned me are the backgrounds of the first two which pretty harsh and busy despite the limited Depth of field. May not be easy to adjust the model in something like in an open photoshoot, yet another angle would help and produce more interesting photos.
    The background of the third image is better, simple and no blown highlights except the cloth beneath her which can be reduced in brightness/highlights without affecting the whole image in pp.

Good luck on your next!
    Last edited by adrianfernando; 07-24-2012 at 01:32 AM.