If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Photoshop help! Your suggestions please, how to remove the reflector's reflection?

I was testing my reflector last weekend and I liked most of the results, but this one portrait I took of my friend turned out this way (It's cropped to show emphasis on the shades)

As you can see, the reflector is very visible, and I think it ruins the shot. I'm thinking of how to deal with it. Any suggestions?
    Appreciate God's beauty through the viewfinder.=)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photoshop help! Your suggestions please, how to remove the reflector's reflection

something like this?

Super Moderator paolo navarrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Photoshop help! Your suggestions please, how to remove the reflector's reflection

shouldn't the reflector have been placed where it would not have been seen in the sun glasses in the first place?
    a polarizer might have helped but i think its the reflector's location that was key to this fix.
    photoshop... an ounce of prevention is still better than a pound of cure

@edgardo... good job but i think that there's something yellow on the left lens of the sun glasses.
    'arm the photon warhead! obliterate the darkness' - Joe McNally from The Hot Shoe Diaries

Post Thanks / Like

@Sir Edgardo, I mean something like, making the reflectors a creative part of the picture, like stars or something like that. I just don't know if it will look nice. Thanks for clearing it out on photoshop though.

@Sir Paolo, yeah, and that's one thing I had to learn the hard way. I didn't notice that it was too obvious, to the point of it being a distraction in the shot. I'll remember that next time. This is the first time I used one of these reflectors.
    Appreciate God's beauty through the viewfinder.=)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Sir Josh, Im not actually that expert in using photoshop but I tried removing the reflector and it looks like this....but an expert can definitely do better fordpp.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes situations like these can't be helped. Especially if you have a subject wearing reflective sunglasses and the light source is being bounced back. Just re-shoot, guy with sunglasses same angle at the same distance. Use the clone tool to copy from one image to the other. Also make sure subjects eyes is looking at the same place. HTH