If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Canon EOS 1100D..is it worth it?

Hello everyone.

I Plan on buying a Canon EOS 1100D as my very first camera..the entire package to be exact

I have though a lot about it..and i have decided that this is the camera for me.

Since Im a beginner..i would like to ask some questions..basically to fellow filipinos (because all ive seen are american and european reviews)

1.is it enough for a begginer in DLSR cameras?also..i have some experience with digicams and bridge type cameras (from family cameras)

2.does the kit lens come with IS or non IS?considering my hand is shaky and the 1100D doesnt have a rubberized grip..i was wondering about it..because sometimes my pictures are blurry with cameras without IS

3.is it worth the money?from where ive seen it (Photoline), and its price here in the Philippines (Quezon City)..its about 29k..im a student and plan on limiting my budget to 30k..is it worth the cost?

Please reply if you can!just a beginner here wanting to learn photography

Thanks in advance to those who will reply!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canon EOS 1100D..is it worth it?

Hi Archie,

As a Canon 1100D user, it will help you learn the basic of photography and enough to capture wonderful images. For your No. 1, my answer is YES. 1100D is enough to deliver what you need as a beginner - you'll surprise yourself sometimes (well, that happens to me). No. 2, The kit lens that is bundled is the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, yes by the name itself, it does have an Image Stabilization. No. 3, you can get this at P21K price point at gray market. If you have P30K budget, I recommend getting a higher camera model say 550D at the very least.
    If life gives you LEMONS, go out and buy TEQUILA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Ray Sanchez View Post
    Hi Archie,

As a Canon 1100D user, it will help you learn the basic of photography and enough to capture wonderful images. For your No. 1, my answer is YES. 1100D is enough to deliver what you need as a beginner - you'll surprise yourself sometimes (well, that happens to me). No. 2, The kit lens that is bundled is the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, yes by the name itself, it does have an Image Stabilization. No. 3, you can get this at P21K price point at gray market. If you have P30K budget, I recommend getting a higher camera model say 550D at the very least.
    I agree with this Anthony. Archie, I'm a 1000d user for quite sometime now and honestly I still haven't felt the limitation of this machine until a much needed body replacement is inevitably coming to view. After almost 5 years with all the abuse and use, my camera suffered cosmetic deterioration, a minor shutter release button problem and an almost dying shutter assembly. I'm eyeing 1100d as my next body. It is more compact than a 1000d, with HD video, a live view focusing capability and it is cheaper than any entry level camera, just what I needed. Indeed a bang for the buck. Some people would go for expensive gear without exploiting its features and struggling to improve their learning curves end up buying high end cameras and worst switching system. Bottom line is learn the basics, keep asking and never be afraid being critiqued, exploit your gear, learn from your mistakes, earn the patience and keep on shooting the free world. Hope this will help you with your decision and we hope to see some of your shots here. Cheers!
    I shoot to earn my beer.
    images from 2 dimensions I flickr I 500 px
    panoramio I vimeo
    profile photo by Jerry 'pub' Rendon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Ray Sanchez View Post
    Hi Archie,

Thanks for the heads up with this camera!im actually choosing between 1100D or 550D..but as i said..im kinda limiting the budget (since its my aunt's money)..so yeah.. i"ll go for the 1100D then..btw..wheres the gray market your talking about?thanks!
    Last edited by Archie Pilar; 05-17-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rawen E. Balmaņa View Post
    I agree with this Anthony. Archie, I'm a 1000d user for quite sometime now and honestly I still haven't felt the limitation of this machine until a much needed body replacement is inevitably coming to view. After almost 5 years with all the abuse and use, my camera suffered cosmetic deterioration, a minor shutter release button problem and an almost dying shutter assembly. I'm eyeing 1100d as my next body. It is more compact than a 1000d, with HD video, a live view focusing capability and it is cheaper than any entry level camera, just what I needed. Indeed a bang for the buck. Some people would go for expensive gear without exploiting its features and struggling to improve their learning curves end up buying high end cameras and worst switching system. Bottom line is learn the basics, keep asking and never be afraid being critiqued, exploit your gear, learn from your mistakes, earn the patience and keep on shooting the free world. Hope this will help you with your decision and we hope to see some of your shots here. Cheers!
    thanks for the reply!sure!i'll post some of my pics here..it would love to be criticized by fellow photographers and experts as well!thanks for the advice!

Post Thanks / Like

search for kimstore and dbgadgets on the net and you will get it with cheaper price. around 22k for 1100d if I remember it right.
    But take note that those unit they are selling don't have the 3year warranty of canon that's why they are cheaper. They only offer store warranty.
    Glenster | My Blog
    | Canon 60d | 50mm f1.8 | etc...
    Its not the camera, it's in your skills...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glennalday View Post
    search for kimstore and dbgadgets on the net and you will get it with cheaper price. around 22k for 1100d if I remember it right.
    But take note that those unit they are selling don't have the 3year warranty of canon that's why they are cheaper. They only offer store warranty.
    yes..i have seen kimstore and dbgadgets..they are very cheap..though it depends on my aunt..she has the money and sadly wont give it to me for me to buy a camera..she wants to buy it on the spot where she's there..but its also a great suggestion..i'll try to convince her on that..thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

you may get 600d with the known online sellers, 30k is the budget , but the you''ll get a x5 kiss which is just another term of 600d. around 29k with dbdagets, and jeptall
    Canon EOS : 60d USER never ending learning mastering , and breathing photography

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rennlibatique View Post
    you may get 600d with the known online sellers, 30k is the budget , but the you''ll get a x5 kiss which is just another term of 600d. around 29k with dbdagets, and jeptall
    maybe..i think i'll try..but i just cant go to online sellers..i need a location or something

Post Thanks / Like

I think any brand or model of DSLR will give good results, It all depends on the photographer

Please also take in to consideration, that those stores only provide 1 Year SERVICE warranty (Parts are not included)
    "Just Watch and Don't Touch or Catch"