If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

planning to get a d40, any tips?

im planning to get a nikon d40?

any tips regarding the model?

price range also.. thanks..
    The more you sweat in TRAINING
    The LESS you bleed in WAR

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: planning to get a d40, any tips?

It's an awesome entry level dslr during its time with a flash sync speed of 1/500.
    I saw some users here in the forums planning to upgrade and sell their d40s. Keep looking.

Here's a simple test from kenrockwell with the d40 still having impressive useful performance.
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d50...comparison.htm

Post Thanks / Like

-----///--------------------------------///----------------------------------------------------------///-
    I'd rather have a SUPERTELE and not need it than need it and not have it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still using the D40 I got five years ago and I am VERY pleased! I don't really need all the megapixels since most of my shots are just shared online. What I really like about the camera is the flash sync speed as mentioned earlier by Mr. Adrian Fernando. The shutter in the D40 is different from the other DSLRs (I forget what the term is for its shutter) and allows it to shoot passed the 1/500 limit stated in the spec sheet. From personal experience, I have been able to shoot at 1/1250th of a second with my China-made flash triggers. If you shoot a lot with off camera flashes then having that flexibility is really cool! Hope that helps.
    D40, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-200mm VR, 50mm 1.8, tokina 60-300mm MF, Nikkor 35mm 2.8 Ai-S

I want more primesss.. Hahaha!

My Multiply!
    My Flickr!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys.. yung flash speed sync din ang habol ko.. naka gamit kasi ako ng ilang beses sa isang kabigan and i liked it a lot na.. so im planning to get one..

thanks sa inputs..
    The more you sweat in TRAINING
    The LESS you bleed in WAR

Post Thanks / Like

another alternative to the D40, if the sync speed is what you want, would be D70 and/or D70s. Good thing about these cameras is that it allows you also to use non-motorized lenses, same resolution and sync capabilities. I was able to see one being sold at tipidpc for like 13k i guess? with 1k actuations. Not bad if you ask me. Another site would be lenses4less.