If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DPP Ambassador/Administrator Nigel Ian Laxamana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Olympus' introduces its brand ambassadors

Me and my OMD
    Compact, sleek, and takes great pictures? Olympus OM-D’s five ambassadors share why the brand’s latest small wonder is packed with more than the usual surprises.

Paving the way for a new and better style of high performance, compact digital cameras, Olympus’ OM-D definitely packs in the punch with its roster of highly-impressive features starting with its 16.05 megapixel, new Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VI image processing engine for high-image quality and high sensitivity; an electronic viewfinder with high image quality and high functionality allowing real-time checking of various shooting conditions; the world’s first 5-axis image stabilization to compensate for camera shake of any kind for both still photo and movie shooting; the world’s fastest FAST AF autofocusing system with 3D tracking for improved moving object tracking performance; and last but not the least, a compact, lightweight body in the tradition of the popular OM series. Made of magnesium alloy and enhanced with the same dust-, splash-proof capabilities that are already proved with the brand’s E-5 camera.

Does this sound too technical for you? Well, let’s see how the OMD fares with these photography fans and current OMD ambassadors, here are some snippets from the brand’s online campaign.

Daphne Osena-Paez --- Blogger, TV Host, Mother

“I really like the OMD system because it’s so powerful and compact, it does everything that I want my camera to do and it’s so lightweight. To top it all off, it’s also weatherproof and since it’s such a precious little camera so even if I’m out and it rains or it snows, I don’t have to worry about the moisture seeping in, it’s such a powerful little camera and I like that.” Being one of the country’s most well-loved lifestyle hosts, Daphne adds that the OMD is a great everyday camera. Whether she’s at a shoot for one of her segments or off to another exciting event, her OMD can easily fit in her bag allowing her to be able to take great photos anytime, anywhere which she then shares it to her readers at daphne.ph.

“I love to take photos of my children, because I have three children, and they’re growing up so fast, I really like to get up close and capture their everyday adventures. I also like shooting interiors and architecture, and of course, when I’m traveling I like to shoot buildings, landscapes, and portraits,” she shares.

Nancy Castiliogne -- Stock Broker, Model, Mother
    “The OMD system is something that is very new, and I’m excited about it because of the art filter, I think it’s going to be easier for me to use rather than the usual DSLR,” says celebrity mom, Nancy on what she initially thought of Olympus’ newest baby. After several weeks of tinkering with her new gadget, Nancy shares that she’s “very impressed” with the OMD so far, citing that her favorite features are definitely the art filters and the zoomable lens. “The OMD is also weather-proof which is very cool, because I have kids, and I can’t take care of my things properly so this camera can really fit my lifestyle and personality.”

Just like Daphne, Nancy puts high priority in being a mom, saying that she makes it a point to take pictures and document her kids growing up, “I get to capture all of their “moments” and milestones. My children are my main focus with my camera, kids grow up so fast and I want to capture everything that I can, this camera also has HD video capability so I can take videos of them aside from stills.”

Jake Versoza -- Fashion Photographer
    When asked about the things that he liked about the new OMD, top lensman Jake Versoza had this to say, “When I got the camera the first thing that I liked is how it looks, because it looks like the typical film camera, I was nostalgic because I grew up using my dad’s film camera. It’s compact so I can take it with me anywhere. The viewfinder is kinda big, and it’s my first time to use the touchscreen interface. For me it’s easier to navigate through the photos and the image quality, I’ve already checked my shots through the computer, and I can say that the image quality of the OMD is comparable to the image quality of the DSLRs that I use.”

Aside from being a sought-after advertising and editorial photographer, Jake shares that he also likes doing street photography on the side, adding that the OMD makes for a great personal camera, even as a backup camera for his many DSLRs.

Like Daphne and Nancy, Jake was also impressed with the OMD’s art filters, with the grainy setting being his favorite. “I also like that you can already see how the effect is going to be as opposed to other cameras wherein you have to edit your photos first, with this camera you’d get the results agad.”

Gideon Ferrer – Landscape Photographer
    “I think the OMD is a very capable camera. The model I’ve been using is the EM5, although I’ve been using a full-system DLSR before; I’ve switched to a smaller one because of the weight and I think the quality of the photos is comparable to DSLRs,” shares photographer Gid Ferrer.

As he usually takes photos of landscapes and seascapes, Gid shares that the OMD is perfect for his travels because it’s easier to pack and is definitely not a pain on the back. This handy camera is also weather-sealed so it really caters to Gid’s field of photography, “I usually shoot by the sea, and I usually get sea sprayed because of it.”

Mango Red --- Wedding Photographer
    Mango Red’s unique style of pre-nuptial and wedding photography is highly sought-after by couples here and abroad, thus, they make for great ambassadors to test drive the OMD in the Philippines. “The Olympus camera is fast, versatile, the colors are very nice and you can easily tote it around anywhere.”

Aside from being a great everyday camera, Mango Red share’s that it’s also great for wedding photography, their specialty, which is a mixture of different types of photography like photo journalism, still photography, portraiture, and fine arts.

“The Olympus is a perfect fit for wedding photography because we want to stay at the sidelines for portraiture, we try to be invisible, with its compact size, the OMD gives you the ability to be stealthy. Since it’s also versatile, the focusing is fast, and the colors are nice and vivid, and the dynamic range is almost comparable to film, we have a leeway to edit and play around with the colors and tones of different lighting situations in our shoots.”

Fully satisfied with the OMD, Mango Red shares that the quality of the OMD’s photos are actually comparable to a full-system camera. Another thing that they like about the OMD is its enhanced live view feature, “We’re live view shooters because it does a lot for our compositional techniques so we always shoot in live view and because of the new technologies now, we can comfortably shoot in live view. And for us, the “what you see, what you get” feature does a lot for our workflow.”

See the Viral Video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ManjAt1xgrI&"]OLYMPUS OM-D - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Olympus' introduces its brand ambassadors

wow.. i really like this camera.. would love to have this as a 2nd body.. but dang, at around 50k php... haaayy...

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice video. Congratulations! (esp to Gid ;))

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I also thought this is going to be great for wedding photography.

Post Thanks / Like

artista na si sir Gid! ;D congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say thanks to Red Dot Phils for selecting me and making me a part of the team.

Go OM-D!
    "Our World Is Just Awesome"

http://www.flickr.com/gidferrer

Post Thanks / Like

Mitz & Romz - Thanks guys!
    "Our World Is Just Awesome"

http://www.flickr.com/gidferrer

Post Thanks / Like

hows the high ISO handling?

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Gid! you deserve it man

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Gid! Well deserved!
    __________________________________________________ _

“To consult the rules of composition before taking a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.” - Edward Weston

http://www.facebook.com/winston.baltasar
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/winstonb/sets/
    http://www.mbpictureperfect.com/article.php?id=544&Cid=3&PPid=1
    http://winstonbaltasar.multiply.com/