If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Photowalk - C&C Are very much welcome

maybe this would help

http://mansurovs.com/what-is-white-balance
    Nikon D5100
    Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
    AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED
    Nikkor AF-S 50mm f1.8G

YN 465 Speedlite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advices. Will shoot some more as soon as my schedule clears up this week. And I'll keep reading. Thanks! Hope there will be some improvements.

Post Thanks / Like

@Jaime: If you are from down south (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas), you can join my planned photoshoot this first Saturday of June. Just bring your camera and that's it, TFCD (Model's Time-for-CD) deal anyway. Drop me a mail if interested.
    If life gives you LEMONS, go out and buy TEQUILA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Ray Sanchez View Post
    @Jaime: If you are from down south (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas), you can join my planned photoshoot this first Saturday of June. Just bring your camera and that's it, TFCD (Model's Time-for-CD) deal anyway. Drop me a mail if interested.

sure im interested. though where exactly down south. I'm not really from there though we have a house in mendez, cavite so it wouldn't be much of a problem for me going home.

Post Thanks / Like

Try adjusting WB on post. Might help if RAW format. A more SOCC approach is manually set the WB on cam before firing

Yes photos are too 'warm'
    The Ghillie in the Mist

Perk Loadout

Monopod - Reduces camera shake with non-IS lenses

Sleigh of Hand - Faster lens swap

Tamrac Boomerang Strap -Reduces neck stress and additional memory card storage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macoatienza View Post
    Try adjusting WB on post. Might help if RAW format. A more SOCC approach is manually set the WB on cam before firing

Yes photos are too 'warm'

thanks idol. actually i might shoot RAW next time. though i have to install the programs needed for me to convert it right after shooting. will keep everything in mind and apply it next time. too bad for me i can't shoot at the moment since my schedule is too busy.

Post Thanks / Like

Comments and Critiques are welcome. Updated.

Here are some of my shots from the recent Toycon 2012 held in Megamall Trade Hall. Hope there is some improvement from my last shoot to this set (Proper exposure, White Balance, etc). So busy that its almost impossible to hold my camera and shoot. Anyway I'm open for improvements so fire it away. And also If you guys have a workflow for Adobe Lightroom 4 that I could follow, kindly let me know. Thanks!

IMG_2324 by jaimzzy, on Flickr

IMG_2319 by jaimzzy, on Flickr

Mark I by jaimzzy, on Flickr

IMG_2260 by jaimzzy, on Flickr

Mark V by jaimzzy, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comments and Critiques are welcome. Updated.

Additional question for you guys. A little off-topic but i'll fire it away. Do you know how to properly add a watermark in Adobe Lightroom 4? Because one of my friends made me a signature and saved it as TIFF. But when I'm trying to put it in my pictures it wouldnt just appear properly. Could you guys help me on this one? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaimePunio View Post
    This is the actual settings I've used for those shots.

Exposure Time: 1/100sec
    F-stop: 2.0
    ISO: 400
    WB: Flash

I should've used that last stop to bring in more light. And I should've tried shooting with Tungsten or flourescent. Thanks though, will keep that in mind for my next walk.
    06-20-2012

@JaimePunio

WB: Flash

Did the flash actually fire?

benrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Personally for me if the Ambient light varies too much with mix lighting and shooting all over the place within the same venue, I will leave the White Balance on auto. It will help if you shoot with 18% Gray Card, but if you shoot at the spur of the moment having to shoot your gray card every so often will be too cumbersome. I shoot RAW and just figure out the WB from there but try to be consistent and close as possible to reality and with the entire set.

For Lightroom work flow, after importing I'll check the white balance and the lens correction first. Adjust the exposure as maybe needed, followed by the whites and blacks, clarity. Seldom touch the HSL tabs, but sometimes if it can't be avoided. Adjust the Iris as needed with the brush tool, Noise and sharpness if everything is ok then it is done.

Given the condition of the venue and the sheer number of crowd it will really be difficult to get a picture suitable for say a gallery. It will be even hard to qualify as photo shoot than a drive by snapshots. You just have to be cautious about how you cut your subjects appendages if at all needed or if it can't be avoided. Just enjoy and fire away.
    Do I have to itemized my gear? Just believe that I have most what I need.