If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DPP Ambassador/Administrator Nigel Ian Laxamana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DPP #43: Starting a Studio

Grab a copy of the latest issue of Digital Photographer Philippines featuring cool topics and articles on starting a studio. If you are a photographer thinking of investing equipment for a studio, or a photographer who continues to improve skills on studio photography, this issue is for you.

Our big feature covers a 10-page ultimate guide on starting a studio; we give you all the things you need and recommend what's the best, whether investing for an amateur studio or a high-end one. Tom Epperson also gave tips on a special articles on how to choose models for your shoot and the best ways to achieve your goal.

For our Masterclass section, Jo Avila made an article on Light and Metering, while we also had an article on Shooting Tethered, which a very essential step now in studio photography.

Lastly, check the winners of the recently held Caltex 17th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Photocontest.

All these and more. DPP 43 is now available at all leading bookstores!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DPP #43: Starting a Studio

One of the steps I outlined in the article regarding the RGB values for whitepoint and blackpoint settings are the same steps that I'll be teaching for an upcoming basic color management seminar

Cheers!

Jo Avila

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been playing with the idea of my own light / strobe set-up at home. Im wondering how much power on the strobe is needed. Is 200 watts enough for a solo portrait, 300? 400? 500? 600? etc. Any idea / help is appreciated. Thank u.
    HaveFUNw/Photography!Canon5DMkII + battgrip, Canon7D + bg-e7 Canon EF17-40/4L, EF135/2L, EF70-200/4L IS USM, EF100/2.8 Macro KenkoAutoExtnTube Canon 580EXII, 430EX, Manfrotto055C Tripod, 679B Monopod, 486RC2 Ballhead Canon ST-E2, Pocket Wizard+II, YongnuoRF602 Lowepro Classified160AW, Inverse200, ProRunner200AW

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Fully Booked and they did not have this copy anymore. Any chance I can purchase this directly from DPP?
    God is always good!

www.flickr.com/photos/powerpee/sets

"Faith can change any situation, no matter how dark or difficult. Lifting your heart to God in a moment of genuine faith in Him can quickly alter your circumstances"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Chua View Post
    I went to Fully Booked and they did not have this copy anymore. Any chance I can purchase this directly from DPP?
    I saw a couple of dpp back issues in SM Hypermart in shaw(beside LTO, infront of JRU Gym). the price didn't drop down though. I think there were 5-6 different back issues there. same price as latest issue.
    Photography is an art, not science. So whatever looks good to you is right.

Post Thanks / Like

This is good food for the brain of us especially photo enthusiast. I'll grab a copy.
    Nikon D40, Nikkor AF-s70-300mm f/4 VR, Nikkor AF-s18-135mm, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Sigma 105mm f/2.8Macro, Nikkor 2-SB900 1-SB600, Nikon D700, MB-10, AF-s 70-200G VR f/2.8, Nikon D80 AF-s 17-55 f/2.8G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by delphimirandamd View Post
    Ive been playing with the idea of my own light / strobe set-up at home. Im wondering how much power on the strobe is needed. Is 200 watts enough for a solo portrait, 300? 400? 500? 600? etc. Any idea / help is appreciated. Thank u.
    It really depends how much room you have to what type of shoot, group, solo, full body, half body, etc.. Not all strobes are the same even if they have the same Watt/Second. Adorama TV's Mark Wallace showed this in one of his episodes you can check them at Youtube for more indepth view on this topic.
    Do I have to itemized my gear? Just believe that I have most what I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IkeTalens View Post
    I saw a couple of dpp back issues in SM Hypermart in shaw(beside LTO, infront of JRU Gym). the price didn't drop down though. I think there were 5-6 different back issues there. same price as latest issue.
    Hi thanks for the info., will ask a colleague to check it out. =D
    God is always good!

www.flickr.com/photos/powerpee/sets

"Faith can change any situation, no matter how dark or difficult. Lifting your heart to God in a moment of genuine faith in Him can quickly alter your circumstances"

Post Thanks / Like

Does DPP still have this copy at the HQ. If possible can i hold 1 and i'll get it when i return t the philippines next month?

Post Thanks / Like

went to National Bookstore in Greenhills, said they don't have it. Fully Book also don't have a copy anymore. Can i ask where can i get this specific issue? Can i order online?