If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: bag for x100

Post Thanks / Like

bag for x100

Hi,

im in the market for a small bag for the x100..i'm looking ofr something like OSKAR'S ONE DAY BAG by artisan and artist..

any suggestions?

Regards,
    "X"-man

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bag for x100

Quote Originally Posted by aden jacildo View Post
    Hi,

im in the market for a small bag for the x100..i'm looking ofr something like OSKAR'S ONE DAY BAG by artisan and artist..

any suggestions?

Regards,
    hi aden,

Any small bag that fit it the X100 will do. But for me, I just bought the fuji leather case and fabricated my own leather strap. the combination is much more retro. Lugging the X100 all day without the upper cover of the leather case is much cool and serve its purpose as an all ready street photography workhorse, "bunot sabay shoot set-up".
    All I know about photography is to press that shutter thing..

C A N O N I S T A

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilbertaguila/

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

any suggestions?

Regards,

I would recommend the Domke F803.

I've been using the Domke F803 (wax wear) as my everyday bag to work. It houses my X100 and all the other stuff (wallet, moleskin notebook, phone, iPod, pens, usb disk drive, spare battery, spare SDs, etc). It still has room for another body (m4/3) with prime lens.

It has space for iPad too.

The look is rugged and can take lot of abuse. It is also thinner compare to other camera bags.

The Oskar's One Day Bag & Penn's Pad & Pencil Satchel were also in my choices of camera bag. I saw them both in person and like the Domke F803 more (thinner profile).

But if you choose the F803, it's better to replace the single insert with other. I use the insert in my F64 bag (3 compartment insert).

Steve Huff Review on F803

Post Thanks / Like

i also like the looks of the domke bag..i like the f5xb..is domke available locally?btw how much is the f803?
    "X"-man

Post Thanks / Like

i also like the looks of the domke bag..i like the f5xb..is domke available locally?btw how much is the f803?
    i don't know if it's available locally or if there are authorized resellers there.

in amazon usa it's around $145 (approx 6,500php) wearwax version. shipping not included.

unfortunately, i got my f803 here in japan which is very expensive (i dont know why). around 23,000yen (approx 12,000php).

Post Thanks / Like

Domke is still made in the US. Anything coming out of US may be expensive due to duties and taxes and shipping cost. I have many Domke's and really a very durable and nice body hugging bag; F2, F6, J803 and F5xb. The 5xb is good for the X100 with hood mounted.
    Gil