If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DPP Ambassador/Administrator Nigel Ian Laxamana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DPP #42: On Assignment

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce DPP issue 42 - On Assignment. Our cover takes you to the most awaited images from the seven-day adventure of KLM On Assignment winners, Christian L. Sangoyo and Joel H. Garcia to Holland together with Eli Van Ingen. What an awesome showcase of imagery they gave DPP!

For our special features, travel photographers Ami Vitale and Gavin Gough give us unique tips on building rapport with the people we meet during our travels. While the other feature tackles playing with different angles the pros shoot. You'll definitely like this one.

Also, with this issue, we created two readers gallery section. The first one showcase the images of our members aligned with the theme "Faces of the World". On the other hand, since this is a 'Travel' issue, a special page was dedicated with DOT's new campaign, More fun in the Philippines.

Lastly, I want to introduce to you DPP's new editorial team: Nick Tuason sits in as the Managing Editor-in-Chief, and yours truly as the Deputy Editor. We are joined by three lovely ladies, Angela Velasco (Features Editor), Johnina Martha Marfa (Copy Editor), and Jonelle Gupit (Layout Editor) together with Nino Pasamonte as the Web Administrator, Hershey Bardon as the head of sales, and Michelle Marallag-Arias as the Subscription Manager.

The issue will be available starting today or tomorrow. So grab a copy of the latest issue before it runs out!

P.S. Let us thank KLM for the partnership they gave us! Thank you Ms. Tess and Eli! Looking forward for the next assignment.
    Last edited by Nigel Ian Laxamana; 03-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DPP #42: On Assignment

Great job for both Sir Joel and Sir Christian!
    Bobbit Lim / Online Portfolio + Catalog 2012
    Wedding & Events Photographer

Admin, The Helios Project Philippines
    "The Passion Lives On."

Tumblr: www.bobbitlim.tumblr.com
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/bobbitlim

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I get this and not experience any problems

Post Thanks / Like

the much awaited on assignment is now out

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited to pick-up this issue. Hopefully, it's already available tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A brief story about the cover photograph.

The windmills in my Digital Photographer Philippines cover photo are called Kinderdijk. The name Kinderdijk is Dutch for "Children's dike". Kinderdijk is a village in the Netherlands it was built around 1740. This group of mills is the largest concentration of old windmills in the Netherlands.They have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997.

This cover photo is very memorable for me. The first time I saw the Kinderjink Windmills in Netherlands, It's like I was in a dream.

It's an instinct and automatic for me to seize the opportunity and photograph a beautiful scene. So I grab my tripod and camera and started clicking a few frames when, Eli our Dutch KLM Ambassador companion informed me that I cannot shoot in that private property, I need to get out immediately! He told me later that there's a signage about that private property sign but it's written in Dutch.

But knowing myself I cannot let go a beautiful scenery with an amazing elements & composition in front of me. So I keep on shooting a few frames till I got my shot. And there you go. It's now a cover of a magazine.

So when you visit your favorite magazine store and you have seen this cover, you already know the story behind that cover shot. = )

Follow your dreams,

Joel G.

www.joelhgarcia.weebly.com
    IMAGES THAT SPEAK.
    Behind every frame there's a story.
    IMAGES THAT SPEAK.
    Behind every frame there's a story.

FOLLOW & LEARN ABOUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY - JOEL H. GARCIA
    @

FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/joelhgarcia.photography/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/joelhgarcia/
    INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/joelhgarcia/

Post Thanks / Like

yey! gonna grab several copies of this for friends and relatives....so excited to see my small contribution..... my humble thanks to DPP! more power!
    Last edited by raymundramosmd; 03-08-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

will definitely get this one. thanks for sharing the info of the "forbidden shot" Joel

Post Thanks / Like

nice! i'll try to get one asap!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I haven't received any DPP Magazine since I subscribed.. Please check it again :|