If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: newbie : wide angle lens for D5000

@TS you may want to share why you want/need a wide-angle lens. since getting straight to what you need may help you save some money.. for example, if you only need to do landscape. most of the time it is shot using a tripod so you don't need fast glass (you dont F4 or smaller apperture is not a requirement) no moving target so autofocus is not an issue (you can opt for manual lens) HTH

Post Thanks / Like

@TS you may want to share why you want/need a wide-angle lens. since getting straight to what you need may help you save some money.. for example, if you only need to do landscape. most of the time it is shot using a tripod so you don't need fast glass (f/4 or slower lens is okay) no moving target so autofocus is not an issue (you can opt for manual lens) HTH SORRY FOR REPOST, i cannot edit my previous post due to browser problem.

Post Thanks / Like

AF is not an issue with UWAs. Focus can be easily obtained even in manual. You may opt for Tokina 11/16 or Tokina 12-24.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm just wondering...how come nobody mentioned the Sigma 10-22 or the Tamron 10-24 or the Nikon 10-24. I have the Tamron and its been giving me fantastic shots so far