If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

"like" or "+1" button

May I suggest adding "like" or "+1" button for each post so we can show appreciation without the need of quoting the post.
    Carpe diem - Seize the Day!

I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

Super Moderator paolo navarrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: "like" or "+1" button

this ain't facebook.

"like" or "+1" don't really mean much and can be taken for granted. comments... good, substantial, provocative, explanative, and analytical comments mean much more than just "like" or "+1".
    'arm the photon warhead! obliterate the darkness' - Joe McNally from The Hot Shoe Diaries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paolo navarrete View Post
    this ain't facebook.

"like" or "+1" don't really mean much and can be taken for granted. comments... good, substantial, provocative, explanative, and analytical comments mean much more than just "like" or "+1".

+1

xD

yeah . like what he said.
    id much rather read the comments about the photo than see the number of likes/thumbs up/+1's
    they're more helpful. ... usually.

Post Thanks / Like

i'd rather have a "love" button haha

srsly, a "Thanks" button is more like it, several forums are already using it.

f l i c k r
    ®

"Never eat more than you can lift" ~Miss Piggy

Post Thanks / Like

this ain't facebook.

provocative? I don't think we should be promoting members to post provocative comments.

"this ain't facebook."

So who said this is facebook? You're taking it too literal.

like or +1 AKA "appreciation" buttons similar to other forums will help clean up topics and threads by eliminating the need to post one liners such as "great shot", "nice capture". You simply press the button to show your appreciation. Now if you have something more relevant and useful to say then that's the time you quote and comment on the post.

Furthermore, it will credit members who give substantial comments and relevant posts.

I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

Super Moderator paolo navarrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDenver View Post
    provocative? I don't think we should be promoting members to post provocative comments.
    and why not? there is nothing wrong with provocation/being provocative? its the intent behind the provocation/being provocative that we should be cautious of replying to(ie avoid flaming/trolls)
    'arm the photon warhead! obliterate the darkness' - Joe McNally from The Hot Shoe Diaries

Post Thanks / Like

and why not? there is nothing wrong with provocation/being provocative? its the intent behind the provocation/being provocative that we should be cautious of replying to(ie avoid flaming/trolls)
    The word "provocative" is synonymous to vex and annoy.

So are you saying it is alright to vex and annoy other members?
    Last edited by MarkDenver; 02-13-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

02-12-2012

The word 'provocative' is also synonymous with 'inspiring' and 'motivating', among others.

IMHO, it is all right to 'inspire' and 'motivate' other members.

benrose

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on paolo, don and benrose points

This "provoked" (initiated) a good discussion.

We see a lot of "liked" photos on FB without a single comment. The button will probably just encourage a click and nothing more especially from people who don't feel like writing anything. A written feedback (good or bad) shows the thought process of the comment giver and the thread starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that " just provocation" plays a role in forums such as this. Healthy exchange of ideas, thoughts not necessarily in line with our perception of things do challenge us to defend, attack or be enlightened. Mutual admiration is not taboo but to be nice to the point of pandering is disgusting. If all of us think the same way---what's the point of discussing or if i may say of living?
    -----///--------------------------------///----------------------------------------------------------///-
    I'd rather have a SUPERTELE and not need it than need it and not have it.