If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

New Lenses from Pentax + Ricoh!

Here we go:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02...lopment_lenses

And of course, RiceHigh's got some photos:

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2012/02...#idc-container

And a "Top Secret" K-01 only lens, making full use of that "bulk" where the mirror used to be! OMG clever innit:

I for one am interested in that 50mm 1.8 that looks very similar to the Plastic Fantastic 35mm 2.4! Also that K to Q mount, looks very interesting, what with the crop factor!
    Last edited by Alan.Gurling; 02-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Opethian.com | About | PPG | G+ | Twitter
    Pentax K5 | DA 18-55 WR | DA 55-300 | DA 35 2.4 | M 50 1.7
    The Zeitgeist Movement | The Venus Project | The Greatest Geek Who Ever Lived

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Lenses from Pentax + Ricoh!

that white 560 surely matches the white K-01

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna wait for the Pentax 50. One thing though, can Pentax match Canon's Php5,000/ Nikon's Php 6,000 50 1.8s in terms of pricing?
    "The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous" - V

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo Amos, Jr. View Post
    Gonna wait for the Pentax 50. One thing though, can Pentax match Canon's Php5,000/ Nikon's Php 6,000 50 1.8s in terms of pricing?
    I'm crossing my fingers AND my toes for that to happen. Can't afford a FA 50mm 1.4 at the moment, and a DA 50mm 1.8 would be more than enough to smash that BUTTERY BOKEH BARRIER!

Although if it has a few more (rounded) blades, I'll be happy with it being a *bit* pricier. Not more than the 35mm 2.4 though!

Opethian.com | About | PPG | G+ | Twitter
    Pentax K5 | DA 18-55 WR | DA 55-300 | DA 35 2.4 | M 50 1.7
    The Zeitgeist Movement | The Venus Project | The Greatest Geek Who Ever Lived

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.Gurling View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers AND my toes for that to happen. Can't afford a FA 50mm 1.4 at the moment, and a DA 50mm 1.8 would be more than enough to smash that BUTTERY BOKEH BARRIER!

Although if it has a few more (rounded) blades, I'll be happy with it being a *bit* pricier. Not more than the 35mm 2.4 though!
    Indeed! Around 10k? Why not, if it'll kick hard on the other 50 1.8's!

as for the XS lens... yeah, that empty mirror box can be used for a lot of other stuff inward-focusing parts? Sounds nice!
    "The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous" - V