If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 release: Pentax K-01

Quote Originally Posted by josephnoelreyes View Post
    i was able to play with the K-01, thanks to camerahaus.

i used it for video, covering the 61st annual convention of the philippine society of pathologists, inc. last april 25-28, 2012. on the second day of the convention, it became the MAIN CAM, until the last convention day. the canon 60d i had was just used for fill shots/pang-dukot/misc.

the convention was mostly 45-minute to 1-hour presentations of different pathological subjects by different speakers. we shot from 8am to 5pm and even until 12 midnight on day 2.

i used 1280 x 720p, 30fps. it never overheated. focus peeking helped although you won't get it WHILE recording video. nevertheless, manual focusing was easier for me via the lcd. my old eyes were grateful.

nice cam. i ordered one already, for use mainly as a video cam.

WISHLIST:

1. an articulating lcd screen
    2. audio monitoring and more audio controls
    3. live view when using and external HD monitor WHILE RECORDING VIDEO.
    4. change the rubber thing that covers access to the sd card slot

(and i sold the 60d after the convention.)

please post more reviews sir joseph, I'm thinking of taking the same path..
    My Flickr
    My Facebook
    Canon 5D + EF 28-70mm f/2.8L + EF 50mm f/1.4
    Pentax K-01 + SMC DA 40mm f/2.8XS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josephnoelreyes View Post
    i was able to play with the K-01, thanks to camerahaus.

i used it for video, covering the 61st annual convention of the philippine society of pathologists, inc. last april 25-28, 2012. on the second day of the convention, it became the MAIN CAM, until the last convention day. the canon 60d i had was just used for fill shots/pang-dukot/misc.

the convention was mostly 45-minute to 1-hour presentations of different pathological subjects by different speakers. we shot from 8am to 5pm and even until 12 midnight on day 2.

i used 1280 x 720p, 30fps. it never overheated. focus peeking helped although you won't get it WHILE recording video. nevertheless, manual focusing was easier for me via the lcd. my old eyes were grateful.

nice cam. i ordered one already, for use mainly as a video cam.

WISHLIST:

1. an articulating lcd screen
    2. audio monitoring and more audio controls
    3. live view when using an external HD monitor WHILE RECORDING VIDEO.
    4. change the rubber thing that covers access to the sd card slot

(and i sold the 60d after the convention.)
    Thank you sir for your account on the K-01. I agree with its video powers; I've tried the K-01 also before in a store. I also agree with the rubber door... it feels flimsy compared to the rest of the body.
    "The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous" - V

Post Thanks / Like

Bottomline is how will this feature translate into sales
    http://victorvesuna.blogspot.com/http://victorvesuna.multiply.com/photosProfessional website : vivesimages.multiply.comPentax K5Panasonic Lumix GX1 20mm 1.7 14mm 2.5 14-45 Mega OIS 14-42 GX vario Oly 45mm 1.8 Panasonic Leica Elmarit 45 mm 2.8 Macro(note this is not a camera store)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by victor_vesuna View Post
    Bottomline is how will this feature translate into sales

"This is not a camera store"...... I like your signature. I remember late last year, I think, two photographers here in DPP lists all their equipment and gears in their signature and they were stalked by syndicates by luring them into supposedly photographic assignments in a darkened "middle of nowhere" in Antipolo.
    ROLAND R. ROLDAN
    09223679833; 09069007556

Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a camera owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting an old thread - how many people have shot with and bought a K-01? Prices have been cut drastically on this in the US, so I decided to get one to replace my old K100D. Got a kit in white with the 40mm pancake from B&H - less than $400 shipped My aunt will be bringing it home this February.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought this cam for video work mainly as I am not really into photography. Sold my 3ccd's to switch to dslr's. Started with a 2nd hand K7 to evaluate the transition until I decided it was time to dive into it more. So I got this and some manual lenses and a video rig. What made me go for this was the design, apart from the obvious IQ advantages over some Canikons. I know it doesn't appeal much to many, but for video it kinda makes a lot of sense, especially with the size of my hands. The bulkiness and weight makes it more stable handheld. Pocus Feaking (thats how the lady from camerahaus says it) is one of its most useful features.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread resurrection

A Wedding with K-01

SMC 50mm f/2
    Last edited by felicianolegara; 10-09-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    My Flickr
    My Facebook
    Canon 5D + EF 28-70mm f/2.8L + EF 50mm f/1.4
    Pentax K-01 + SMC DA 40mm f/2.8XS