If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Where to buy Kodak Portra 160?

Where can I buy Kodak Portra 160 35mm around the metro and how much? thanks!
    Nothing is written, Nothing is meant to be, YOU create everything...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to buy Kodak Portra 160?

UP! This gonna be Porta film hunt!
    Jonathan Lazaro

Post Thanks / Like

It is! I think it's hard to find in PH
    Nothing is written, Nothing is meant to be, YOU create everything...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!
    Maybe we can call Kodak ph and ask them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jomel madia View Post
    Yeah!
    Maybe we can call Kodak ph and ask them.
    Kodak Philippines has ceased to officially exist for at least the last 2 years

I have several boxes of Portra 160 (120 format).

But I am selling them

Cheers!

Jo Avila

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Avila View Post

But I am selling them

Cheers!

Jo Avila
    Perfect for my rollei
    Jonathan Lazaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Avila View Post

But I am selling them

Cheers!

Jo Avila

Kodak Philippines has scaled-down their presence in the country to two divisions (Motion Picture and Graphic Arts), and have moved their headquarters from 2247 Chino Roces (Pasong Tamo) to 88 Corporate Center in Salcedo Village. AFAIK, they still have the same phone numbers : 810-0331 to 33.

The Consumer and Professional Divisions were devolved in 2007, and the business turned over to two distributors: Techtrends Corp & Euro Color Corp.

If you try to call Kodak Philippines with this inquiry, they will likely refer you to Techtrends Corp. So you can also call Techtrends directly at 810-0334. Please ask to speak with Mr. Peter Gellera, since he takes care of the film and paper business (among other things).

It might be worth the effort, since the last time Portra was brought in (2007) to head off the 'surging demand' -- the stocks just expired. Apparently, people were not prepared to pay for fresh film --- and waited for the expired price.

The minimum order for the distributor to bring it in is usually around 100 rolls per variant (ex. 120 singles, 120 5 packs, 135-36 or 135-24)

So maybe, if you just need a few - better buy from Jo!

HTH

Edwin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Hermoso View Post
    Kodak Philippines has scaled-down their presence in the country to two divisions (Motion Picture and Graphic Arts), and have moved their headquarters from 2247 Chino Roces (Pasong Tamo) to 88 Corporate Center in Salcedo Village. AFAIK, they still have the same phone numbers : 810-0331 to 33.

The Consumer and Professional Divisions were devolved in 2007, and the business turned over to two distributors: Techtrends Corp & Euro Color Corp.

If you try to call Kodak Philippines with this inquiry, they will likely refer you to Techtrends Corp. So you can also call Techtrends directly at 810-0334. Please ask to speak with Mr. Peter Gellera, since he takes care of the film and paper business (among other things).

It might be worth the effort, since the last time Portra was brought in (2007) to head off the 'surging demand' -- the stocks just expired. Apparently, people were not prepared to pay for fresh film --- and waited for the expired price.

The minimum order for the distributor to bring it in is usually around 100 rolls per variant (ex. 120 singles, 120 5 packs, 135-36 or 135-24)

HTH

Edwin

Techtrends Corporation is open to bringing in Portra films. Although we don't usually keep regular stocks due to the experience of expired films. I'll have to check if the items are available in the Kodak regional office in Singapore. Will let you guys know as soon as there's a reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Hermoso View Post

HTH

Edwin
    LOL! I only read this now (at dinamay pa ako ).

I'm surprised that a few people are willing to pay for the price of fresh film. I would attribute this to ignorance. Some people had the mistaken notion that they would get some wonderful, unexpected, artistic effect when shooting with expired film when lomo was beginning to become popular here in Manila.

Some lomographers would take a look at my printed lomo shots and ask me how they could achieve colors with the same amount of saturation and vibrancy.

I said that all they had to do was to use fresh film.

Cheers!

Jo Avila