If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Super Moderator paolo navarrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

please comment on fuji s5 performance at iso1600 and higher

whenever i backup for weddings, the main photog lends me a d700. this cam lets me shoot cleanly at iso2000. i've been looking at sample photos from the fuji s5 at 1600-2000 and its not that bad. of course, since its a fuji, it'll be dreadfully slow.

have you ever used the s5 at iso 1600 and/or higher? please show sample pics and comment on the noise. apart from flickr, here's the only site where i was able to get sample shots at the mentioned iso range.
    'arm the photon warhead! obliterate the darkness' - Joe McNally from The Hot Shoe Diaries

Post Thanks / Like

Re: please comment on fuji s5 performance at iso1600 and higher

Are you considering a full frame camera? I don't have the S3 but the D700 at ISO 2000 is pretty darn clean to me. The S5 pro is a little dated now so it will be a little difficult to get some sample images. Try dpreview.

http://www.dpreview.com/products/fujifilm/slrs/fuji_s5
    Best regards,

Glenn
    A Traveler from Japan
    My Gear
    My flickr
    Facebook

"You can never have too many lenses" - B and H Photo.

Super Moderator paolo navarrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: please comment on fuji s5 performance at iso1600 and higher

the d700's price is way out of reach glenn, so would be the d7000. i saw some sample pics from the s5 and they are pretty clean but of course nowhere as clean as the nikon bodies mentioned. im just curious since there's a store selling one for a pretty low price, the body ins't that high on actuations. im thinking if its worth getting if for higher and better iso performance since im coming from a d200.
    'arm the photon warhead! obliterate the darkness' - Joe McNally from The Hot Shoe Diaries