If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Inquiry: Epson R-D1S Digital Rangefinder

Hi Heidi

I really want to buy an Epson R-D1S Rangefinder.
    I've been tempted to buy outside the Phils but I'm having second thoughts because I know there have been problems with this camera form what I read.

Can you guys launch it here? Please.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi rodney,

really sorry, but Epson will not launch this product.. the closest you can buy one is either taiwan or Hongkong.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi heidi,

thank you for the quick reply.

okay, i guess i don't have any choice then...

Post Thanks / Like
    My first post here :-)

As far as I know, there are three of us using the R-D1s here. One got his here, bought from someone who in turn bought it outside the country. Another bought his from Hongkong. I got mine from Japan. Pinabili ko online sa isang friend doon.

Yes, the Epson R-D1/s is an excellent camera. It has some flaws, but then again, everything else does. What you've read about it is for the most part, true. But once you get to handle one, you'll see it's not as bad as the impressions given by what's been written about it. It's a truly unique camera which is never like any in the digital realm. Not just because of its being a rangefinder in the classic sense, but also because of the fact that it's the only digital camera (aside from the Leica M8) which is truly passive in terms of operation. And the R-D1/s is better in many ways compared to the M8.

Epson should have made more of these. (wink! wink! ). Supposedly, only 10,000 units were made.

Jay
    Last edited by jayjavier; 03-12-2007 at 05:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjavier
    My first post here :-)

Jay
    Oi Master Jay Javier is in the house. Welcome to DPP sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzpicardal
    Oi Master Jay Javier is in the house. Welcome to DPP sir!
    thanks mitz!
    "It is so easy to sound like an Expert when no one else knows what you're talking about, even IF you DON'T REALLY know what you're talking about. Your Reputation of Expertise largely relies on how well you parrot what you read, written by someone else who really knows more than you."
    My Multiply |RANGEFINDER FILIPINAS
    ZORKIKAT.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, nag voovoodoo ka rin pala dito ha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickvillaluz
    Jay, nag voovoodoo ka rin pala dito ha.
    Nick,

Bagong enrol lang. Looking for new venues for spreading the infection. hehehe
    "It is so easy to sound like an Expert when no one else knows what you're talking about, even IF you DON'T REALLY know what you're talking about. Your Reputation of Expertise largely relies on how well you parrot what you read, written by someone else who really knows more than you."
    ZORKIKAT.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay! Long time no hear! So tell us more about your baby.. I too am looking for something discrete. You've been a rangefinder 'nut' for the longest time, so your opinion will be held in the highest esteem.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Jerry! We have an active rangefinder group, RFilipinas (RF=rangefinder, + Filipinas). I was quite surprised that there are actually some of us around, and the numbers are still growing

You may want something smaller than the Epson R-D1s for a 'discrete' little camera. You may want a Sigma DP1. See here for details. It's also a few $$$$ cheaper than the Epson

Here's my Epson R-D1s with a collapsible FED 50mm lens. The union of old and new is not only appealing visually, but what they create together is truly unique.

ZORKIKAT.com