If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kodak now worth less than Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo Amos, Jr. View Post
    ^ spam bot?
    yep.. kill it! *rawr*

poor kodak.. i hear it's getting sued by apple too..

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to hear these kind of news.

I grew up using the phrase "Kodak-an na!" which means "It's picture taking time!".
    Kodak is a Philippine Icon when it comes to film photography.

I hope they can recover from their downfall.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help but feel nostalgic about Kodak's predicament. I grew up seeing, using their films in instamatic cameras. Waiting with excitement while the films are being developed. Touching, smelling the newly developed copies, looking at both correctly exposed and blurry pics at the same time. Musing at the captured moments of our lives...goodbye Kodak you will be missed!
    -----///--------------------------------///----------------------------------------------------------///-
    I'd rather have a SUPERTELE and not need it than need it and not have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kodak's not dead per se - they just killed the camera division, including the sensors... as far as I know, they're still making film prints~ not sure if they still make film, though. There's still a lot of Tri-X, Ektachrome, Gold, Colorplus and other Kodak film variants still in the non-pure-digital stores.
    "The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous" - V

Post Thanks / Like

nonetheless kodak still remains a householdname...a legend!
    Nikon E5700
    Nikon D40
    Nikon D1x
    Nikon D2H
    ................a true blooded Nikonians!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Kodak's not dead per se - they just killed the camera division, including the sensors... as far as I know, they're still making film prints~ not sure if they still make film, though. There's still a lot of Tri-X, Ektachrome, Gold, Colorplus and other Kodak film variants still in the non-pure-digital stores.
    Nobody said that kodak is dead..it filed for bankruptcy. The goodbye is for the "giant" that it was once. Anyway you're right about the cam division though!
    -----///--------------------------------///----------------------------------------------------------///-

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, I hope after all the bankruptcy issues Kodak comes back to the photography scene as a camera company again !
    "The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous" - V

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, I hope after all the bankruptcy issues Kodak comes back to the photography scene as a camera company again !
    I second the motion!

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Kodak says it's also closing down the Ektachrome (slide film) line. Which normally takes 18 months. They normally have 'master rolls' of these things available in storage. So when the announce a discontinuance, we in the market still have a few months to stock up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Hermoso View Post
    Sadly, Kodak says it's also closing down the Ektachrome (slide film) line. Which normally takes 18 months. They normally have 'master rolls' of these things available in storage. So when the announce a discontinuance, we in the market still have a few months to stock up.
    A bigger ouch I hope some still remain in the near future for me and other interested people to try out...