If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Pasigraphers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pasigraphers

Quote Originally Posted by Caloy Iblasin View Post
    Im cool with this a Pasig Palengke Photowalk will be a goodstart ^^

I also wanted to join, I'm from Greenwoods Pasig/Cainta Border.

Caloy, Pasig palenge has too many mandurukot. Is it safe to have a photowalk there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Anthony Locsin View Post
    Sir Jon...if you have any suggestions on this please feel free to inform us..would appreciate all your suggestions... :-)
    Honestly, I don't know what to suggest as there is another thread referring to Pasig City photographers (chard villareal's link) and much of the discussions were already posted there before. The DPP moderators may see this as the same as the previous thread and may merge it.

With the Pasig Shutter Bugs (PSB), the PSB members already have it's own activities lined up for the entire year (photography lectures, OTS photo contests, photowalks). BTW, for info, the Pasig Shutter Bugs is a resident organization of the Pasig City Museum and is more than a year old There's also a group of professional photographers in Pasig, the "Pasig Photographers Service Cooperative (PPSC)", they are different from the PSB as the PPSC's mandate is "photography as a full time profession" while the PSB is for "photography as a hobby and art".

What do you want to do ba? Street Photography? The PSB will be holding an open photowalk on Sunday for the PSB FB group, location is being finalized. It's somehow a prelude to what we will be doing for the Scott Kelby WWPW. You guys can freely join the open photowalk if you want to explore more of Pasig City. I'll post it here as well.

Regarding events - I was informed that on Oct 2 Sunday baranggay Rosario will be holding a caracol festival, I'm not yet sure of the time 'though, but it may be held in the morning I'll post it once I get the details.

Oh, before I forget, I'm a long time resident of De Castro subd, in Brgy. Sta. Lucia, Pasig
    Pasig Shutter Bugs

Post Thanks / Like

It is not safe. But safe as anywhere we lug our cameras around.

We got choices in rainforest, floodway, just about anywhere. Thats why we need to bunch together as there is safety in numbers and more eyes watching out for each other.

night walks could be interesting too.

@ Sir Jon,

kapitbahay! hihi.
    CHASEing the dream.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnil_Daguno View Post
    It is not safe. But safe as anywhere we lug our cameras around.

We got choices in rainforest, floodway, just about anywhere. Thats why we need to bunch together as there is safety in numbers and more eyes watching out for each other.

night walks could be interesting too.

@ Sir Jon,

kapitbahay! hihi.

Rainforest??? well, there's a city ordinance requiring photographers to pay a certain amount to shoot So, unless the ordinance is repealed or revised, DSLRs will not be allowed to be used inside the rainforest

There are a lot of historical sites around Pasig which may not know of So, don't limit yourself to simply doing street photography and btw, let's not limit ourselves with street photography on the subject of taking pics of impoverished areas and people, unless its for a cause.

Night photography???? the mega market is a nice place to do night photography, but you'll need permission from the city government if you plan to do this on your own (you'll need the assiatance of the Blue Boys). Plaza Rizal in front of the Museum is a perfect place, no need for a permit, and you can do street, action (skateboarders/free style BMX riders), and night photography, all in one.

That's the main reason why the PSB was formed, as there is strength in numbers

HTH.
    Pasig Shutter Bugs

Post Thanks / Like

thoughts guys?

re-discovering all things "Pasig" certainly is worth the time. Thanks for the advice sir Jon.

A different view and flavor as a new group. I can recruit 1 friend from across the street. ^_^
    CHASEing the dream.

DPP Member Gerard Anthony Locsin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Sir Jon:
    Noted sir Jon.. Thank you for the infos.. :-) much love and respect to PSB.

@ Everyone:
    Guys, we need your inputs..hehehehe...we can always transfer to PSB if you like. being a newbie and a photographer hobbyist, it's much more comfortable being with guys that you know from your area ("kababayan")..and the thought that members are still few and for sure everyone gets the attention and all that.i mean it's much easier to communicate especially on queries regarding photography....hehehehehe...that's why i decided to put up this thread for those guys who are much nearer and accessible for them to do practice shoots whenever boredom on weekends kicks in...hehehehe..

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you guys join PSB. They're good people and I'm sure they'd be willing to assist you guys with anything about photography. Plus they are an established group already so everything is pretty much set na. Just attend meetings and join shoots, I'm sure you guys would learn a lot. I've yet to attend a PSB meet hehehe, most of the time it conflicts with work and other photography related matters eh hehe..
    Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it. -- Bruce Lee

Our Lady of Lourdes.. Pray for us
    St. John Baptist De La Salle.. Pray for us
    Live Jesus in our hearts...
    FOREVER!

Post Thanks / Like

Gerard,

Just continue on. And I'll try posting the future activities of the PSB. Also, for info, the Pasig City Museum facilitates a photography workshop once or twice a year, exclusively for Pasig City residents. I'll post it here when there's a schedule.

Likewise, I'll post the other places that could be of interest to you all.
    Pasig Shutter Bugs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chard_villareal View Post
    I suggest you guys join PSB. They're good people and I'm sure they'd be willing to assist you guys with anything about photography. Plus they are an established group already so everything is pretty much set na. Just attend meetings and join shoots, I'm sure you guys would learn a lot. I've yet to attend a PSB meet hehehe, most of the time it conflicts with work and other photography related matters eh hehe..

Chard,

yes, that has been the problem for half of the PSB members. For this reason, we do sometimes meet during Sundays, especially if there's an invited speaker
    Pasig Shutter Bugs

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, also a Pasig resident here but I haven't bought a DSLR yet. Hopefully this October I should be able to get one.
    Looking forward to joining you guys.