If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Which of the M6 photographers should go to HOLLAND

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ann Francisco

6 3.06%
  • Christian Sangoyo

54 27.55%
  • Dan Pagulayan

33 16.84%
  • Ela Paje

49 25.00%
  • Joel Garcia

49 25.00%
  • Joseph Leh

5 2.55%
Page 61 of 214 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pitch Here

Name: Henry G. Anima II
    Sex: Male
    Valid Passport: Expiration date on 2015
    Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 18-70mm, Nikkor 55-200mm VR, Panasonic Lumix GF1

Pitch:

Hello there,

I’m Henry G. Anima II, a 31 year old IT professional working in Mandaluyong whose true passion lies in the field of Visual Arts.

A few days ago, I received an SMS from my mom and she asked me to check out a Facebook page that she stumbled upon. It was the KLM Philippines > On Assignment Facebook page. She said that amateur and experienced photographers are invited to join the online photography competition. She asked me to give it a try.

Upon reading her text, i couldn’t help but smile at the thought of my mom encouraging me to join. This was the first time my mom asked me to join a photography contest and I took it as a form of validation and recognition from her; that she finally approves of my passion after a very long time of telling everyone that. Growing up, i have struggled a lot, made sacrifices and have set aside what i truly want to pursue a high paying career. We weren’t financially gifted so i knew i had to take a high paying job over my passion and i must agree that being in the IT field does pay well but I didn’t feel any contentment at all despite the pay I am getting. There’s this something that is still missing. And through the years, this something grew inside of me and the more i try to ignore it, the more i think of it. Ironic, i know.

So, In my spare time, with nothing but guts and my camera in hand, i found a way to somehow go back to the field i love. I started to widen my circle and have found people who also love what i do and in the process, have been given the chance to showcase my skills. Luckily, with the photos i took, I was able to contribute to some magazines and newspapers as a free-lance fashion photographer. The first time i saw my photos being published and being recognized as well kinda filled the void that my current career failed to fill in. and that made me genuinely happy.

I know that my field of expertise is within fashion photography but I do travel a lot and I take photos along the way that will serve as my journal that will tell everyone that I’ve been there. They might not be as awesome as everyone else’s but the photos I took tell me that there’s a huge world out there to explore; a huge world to share to everyone through my photos.
    A friend once told me that I should not fear what is yet to come and should put what I really love first and everything else will follow. I know that it took a long time coming but the resolve in me to pursue my passion couldn’t be any be clearer now and the drive to finally give it a try seemed the most natural thing for me to do.

So, here are some of the photos that i took and hopefully you like it. Funny, how a simple text message can really solidify your resolve; maybe that’s what we all need, a slight nudge to remind us what we already know from the beginning. If it weren’t for that text from my mom, i wouldn’t have seen it in a brand new perspective. Those final words in her SMS really lingered on me and with it, i now know what to do. - “Yup. Do it. It’s about time. Explore!”.

Portfolio:
    River Market - Thailand

Tuna Port - General Santos City

Inside Batu Caves - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

View from our Hotel in Bangkok - Thailand

Inside Disney Land - Hong Kong

Lord Murugan Statue - Gombak District, Malaysia

Pacific Pier - Ocean Park, Hong Kong

Warrior Elephant - Nakom Pathom, Thailand

National Memorial - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Reclining Buddha - Wat Pho, Bangkok, Thailand

Designs of a Dream - Life, Business Mirror

Walking On A Dream - Estrellas Manila Holiday Collection Ad Campaign

Inspiration:

This photo was taken last summer of 2009 when El Nino was on an all time high. It was so hot that day, the entire team was sweating profusely. But no one complained though because we all wanted to deliver a good picture. All the effort, all the preparation and all the rush that came with it because we were trying to hit a deadline were all worth it when I saw this picture published. This photo became my inspiration since then because the moment I saw it on the newspaper, I told myself, this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Henry_Anima_II; 08-30-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: the last photo was not published
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 18-70mm + Nikkor
    55-200mm VR + Nikkor 50mm
    Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
    http://animaphotoescape.blogspot.com
    http://hxero.multiply.com

Post Thanks / Like

Going back to Derick's earlier post, when we went over all the pitches yesterday we ended on Pitch #75. This was about 5 pm yesterday. I haven't counted since but I believe we should be able to get about 100 pitches. I was hoping for 60 to match KLM's Anniversary and am extremely glad that we passed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ann Franciso wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! So much talent has been shown here in DPP! Good luck to everyone who pitched.

Post Thanks / Like

Ann Francisco... yo the (wo)men! wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Ann! nice presentation, nice photos bangis!

(apologies to the group. all I can do is cheer)

DPP Member Maria Divina Gloria Ramos's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KLM On Assignment: Europe

I'm an amateur photographer and I just want to ask what do you mean when you say send our "pitches"...I am not yet familiar with photographers' lingo..Please enlighten me.I'm interested in joining the KLM's OA:Europe. Hope to get a reply before the deadline tomorrow. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Name: Monte Corpuz
    Sex: Male
    Valid Passport: October 2012
    Gear:
    • Canon 50D
    • Canon 10-22 3.5-4.5
    • Canon 24-70L 2.8
    • Canon 70-200L f/4
    • various filters

The Pitch:

Photography is what I love........

Iím looking for the unexpectedÖ.. Iím looking for place Iíve never seen before.
    I look into the worldís composition beyond it have, I let the light pass on my very own way. I made my self to be exposed with everything in this world. I consider my focus to lead me to my destiny.

My passion in photography just came when I was in 2nd year in my IT course. I started to love travelling as well.

Iím excited about the process and the focus itís bringing to my work. Particularly thrilling is the way that, with practice, Iím learning to recognize my own passions more easily. This has brought me the increased confidence to pursue them.
    I donít have to try to get excited about photography, I just am. I donít try to muster the enthusiasm to do a photo shoot; instead there seems to be a boundless supply of desire for it.

I now a person following my passion, the endurance and commitment required comes naturally.

In every photo taken is a captured moment, a moment of happiness and a moment of achievement. Photography is my way of expressing my vision to explore the planet earth , to spectable the beauty of it and how blessed we are to have it our ďHOMEĒ. Photos may fade thru the years but your glance of my shoots is my fulfilment . A contest like yours is not just a fun for me, rather It is challenge to showcase my individuality.

Hi, Iím Monte Karlo G. Corpuz 21 years old, student.

I shoot with my own style..........this is my life.

Portfolio:

1st Place in International Photo Contest - "Social Documentary" Category

Published in DPP Magazine- Creative Blur

Taken in Bataan

Bangui Windmills, Ilocos Norte

Lifeline

Gilon-Gilon Festival

Ivatan

Nagsasa Cove, Zambales

Mt. Pulag National Park

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Tuason View Post
    Ann Franciso wow!
    The fact that she's only 28 years old Nick. tsk tsk tsk...*sigh*
    Last edited by Alan Echano; 08-30-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    My Portfolio at Flickr,
    Davao Based Photography Forum
    FanaticPhotogoraphers.org
    Photography Blog at Weebly

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Corpuz View Post
    I'm rooting for "THE FISHERMAN OF SABTANG". (Tama na yang beer Manong) Show 'em how to catch Mahimahi in Europe!
    Thanks Mon! But I'm stuck here in Coron. I came here to spend the weekend and spend quality time with my son who has been staying in Sydney for the past 8 years. It was rainy the first two days but it was also the fiesta (Kasadyaan Festival) here in honor of St. Agustin. I did not know about that until I was here (didn't do my research) but I was able to take a few snaps. My flight back to Manila is this afternoon and I understand the deadline for pitching is about 12 hours from now. My files in more than 30 years of traveling and taking pictures are not with me. Let's see what happens in the next 12 hours. Cheers!

By the way, the dorado or dolphin fish (we call it arayu in Batanes) is called mahimahi in the South Pacific islands.
    "Photography is both craft and discipline. It has very little to do with the things you see but has everything to do with the way you see things."
    see my galleries at: www.noligabilo.com and http://isabtang.multiply.com