If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon D2x

Post Thanks / Like

Question Nikon D2x

Hi to all, can anyone give me a suggestion if i need to proceed on buying Nikon D2X, and what are the dis advantage of this camera. It cost about 63,000 pesos. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nikon D2x

Low light or higher ISO limitations, lower MP (if that matters to you). You can always augment any camera with a flash if the higher ISO is a limiting factor. Good luck with your purchase.
    Best regards,

Glenn
    A Traveler from Japan
    My Gear
    My flickr
    Facebook

"You can never have too many lenses" - B and H Photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Ver - There was a discussion here before when the D300 was new about this and most would agree that the D300 was the better camera. A used D300 is now at around P40T or so. Cheaper than the D2x. If you need a larger grip the MB-D10 for the D300 is very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ver Dona View Post
    Hi to all, can anyone give me a suggestion if i need to proceed on buying Nikon D2X, and what are the dis advantage of this camera. It cost about 63,000 pesos. Thanks
    Isn't 63k a bit overpriced for a camera technology that's almost 7 years old? What does the d300/d7k cannot do (critical to your own style of shooting) that you're even seriously considering of spending money that much, pardon for the noob question here but I have never used a pro body before
    Last edited by kennethturda; 07-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Point & Shoot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Like it WARM...

Super Moderator paolo navarrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kennethturda View Post
    Isn't 63k a bit overpriced for a camera technology that's almost 7 years old? What does the d300/d7k cannot do (critical to your own style of shooting) that you're even seriously considering of spending money that much, pardon for the noob question here but I have never used a pro body before
    there is a post in tipid pc for a used d2x for 68k. at that price i'd get a used d90 or d300 and a lens or two or a d7000 and a lens

just because it was top of the line and still in good condition doesnt mean it will still command a high price. its old-tech surpassed by current circuits that are at least 5 years ahead of it.
    'arm the photon warhead! obliterate the darkness' - Joe McNally from The Hot Shoe Diaries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paolo navarrete View Post
    there is a post in tipid pc for a used d2x for 68k. at that price i'd get a used d90 or d300 and a lens or two or a d7000 and a lens

just because it was top of the line and still in good condition doesnt mean it will still command a high price. its old-tech surpassed by current circuits that are at least 5 years ahead of it.
    my thoughts Exactly, the high price is utterly ridiculous if you ask me, you'll get a brand spanking new d7k that is a lot more capable, totally a lot more capable (minus the burst speed) at a cheaper price, only a compulsive collector with plenty of cash to burn would fall into that
    Point & Shoot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Like it WARM...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd get D7k as well or a D90/D300....
    Faces of Street of Auckland

“ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

"If you find yourself doing to much post processing, then your lazy and your just a graphic artist."

Post Thanks / Like

forget it.. we have a new technology now in the new DSLR cam..
    Nikon D700, Nikon D600 & Infrared Nikon D70
    Nikkor 24-70 2.8G || Nikkor 50mm 1.8D || Nikkor 85mm 1.8G || Nikkor 180mm 2.8 AF II Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 AF-S || Nikkor 18-55mm DX II Tamron 17-35mm

visit my site-->http://www.flariden.com

Post Thanks / Like

the only advantage of this cam is frames per second.
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikon D300 + MB D10 ~ Nikon D40
    Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8G ~ Nikkor 80-200mm F2.8D ~ Nikkor 16mm F2.8 Fish eye ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8G ~ Nikkor 105mm F2.8 VR Micro
    SB 600 ~ SB-900 Pocket Wizard Mini TT1 (2) Flex TT5 AC3 Zone Controller

http://www.facebook.com/jerrick.ngo

Post Thanks / Like

For macro, the D2x will beat the D7000 head-to-head.

If you are into macrophotography, then D2x is the right choice over the D7000. Just google the sensor design and color profile of D2x and compare it with the D7000, you will find out why the D2x is a better camera over the D7000 inspite of the fact that the D2x is considered by most as an old technology.