If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 71 of 118 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GT photographers (Grupotographers)

...raw file of the D800 will be around 75-76mb (if this is true) which is 3 times the D700. I rarely used Tiff format as this will give me around 70mb exported from a raw file alone. Now how big will be a 36.3 Megapixels raw file exported to Tiff format?...Now this camera has really targeted specific market which a professional studio photographer would certainly interested to have one of this as a cheaper alternative for the high price ticket medium/larger format cameras like the H4D-40 Hasselblad (40megapixels).

my friend french photographer is really contemplating between the D4 or D800 because the works he do are mostly commissioned and studio portrait so the D800 might suite him....but his quite reluctant about the big files that the D800 can produce and he never had any problem with a 12mp camera...

http://www.bradleypatten.co.nz/2012/...mb-for-fx.html

Anyway at the end of the day we all have our differences and shooting styles...I love my new Iphone4s and I rarely used my DSLR because of this camphone...
    Faces of Street of Auckland

“ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

"If you find yourself doing to much post processing, then your lazy and your just a graphic artist."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danskie Dijamco View Post
    ...raw file of the D800 will be around 75-76mb (if this is true) which is 3 times the D700.
    Whoa!? 75mb? That's big Dans. I could see my 32 bit laptop OS and CS5 saying "not enough memory, action can't be completed" I think I need a 64bit installation soon.

They say another option (though I haven't changed my archive D90 shots to this format) is to save regularly as .DNG instead. It's still technically raw but it's 20 percent smaller than TIFF. The only issue I have with it is it doesn't open directly to PS but opens in camera raw instead. I think I'm missing a command to open it as .dng on PS. I'll experiment later.

I think I understand your friend's requirement for such a cam, Dan. Agencies abroad do demand big files that can be blown up to billboard sizes that's why those medium format cams were the standard for a long time. The good thing with the D800 files is because the files are now big, blowing up the image to 400% using "up-ressing" software like Alien Skin Blow Up and Fractals while maintaining smooth edges, controlling artifacts and halos is now much better. Those plug-ins probably did it for non medium format cams like 5D Mk2 and D3X files that were blown up for billboards here in the philippines. Thank goodness a D800 can play in the same field now.
    Last edited by OliverReyes; 02-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just shot a wedding yesterday and took about 450 pics... If I had a D800 then I would have needed 36GB worth of CF cards
    Favorite Camera: iPhone 4
    Favorite Drink: Water
    Favorite Mode: A'La

Post Thanks / Like

@Randz
    36Gb of CF cards would be how much in today's market? I'm scared at the total price.

Jpeg fine is how big kaya on this cam?

Post Thanks / Like

13-15MB probably. I get around 4.5-5mb per jpeg fine photo on my D300 which has 12MP. I wonder how much the D300 sells for these days... Want to try out full-frame

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by randy_bautista View Post
    13-15MB probably. I get around 4.5-5mb per jpeg fine photo on my D300 which has 12MP. I wonder how much the D300 sells for these days... Want to try out full-frame
    450 photos for a wedding? shooting with a backup photographer? Any tips for wedding photos master Randy? I'll be shooting wedding this coming March and would appreciate any tips...This time I'll be the main photographer.

master Randy, Full frame 12mp, 16mp, 24mp or 36.3mp? Canon or Nikon?
    Faces of Street of Auckland

“ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

"If you find yourself doing to much post processing, then your lazy and your just a graphic artist."

DPP Ambassador/Administrator Nigel Ian Laxamana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello DPP members,

As you have noticed, our forum grows everyday. Every now and then, new clubs are formed with new members coming in.

I have a request though:

For every club here in the forum:

a. Leaders/Presidents/OICs, please send through my email your list of officers (with email and contact number) and the complete name of your club;
    b. If possible, include your master list (as of January 2012); and
    c. Your calendar of activities for 2012

This is a way of organizing the clubs here in DPP. There are a lot of them being formed and sometimes, we already don't know who's who and which is which. We will also create simple guidelines.

Who knows, if your club has been good to us, we might sponsor one of your future events.

Please send them at nigelianlaxamana@bellaluce.com.ph until the 3rd week of February 2012.

If you're too shy to comment here or on my email, don't hesitate to add me on your facebook account or group.

This is just one way of bringing you a bigger and better Digital Photographer Philippines!

Thank you for your continuous support!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sir Ian for the heads up.

@guys
    Fafa Randy Bau is our president / leader right? All in favor say "aye"

Makati Reflection Exchange
    Last edited by OliverReyes; 02-13-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Watda... I can't be pres/lead, I'm hardly ever online Who's the most active here?

Post Thanks / Like

@randz
    You already (ikaw na) coz you're the heart & soul here hehehe.