If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 70 of 118 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GT photographers (Grupotographers)

Hi Guys! D800...I was really hesitant of that 36.3 megatons of pixel which translates to additonal Hard drive storage, upgrading to SSD (which I'm doing it soon), additional memory ram (done this!) my computer...Too many to consider as you'll not be happy downloading your Raw files with your existing computer system as this will just slow you down drastically...not unless you're a graphic artist/motion graphic artist with a heavyweight computer specs.

The dynamic range will definitely tremendously absolutely humongously amazing!...for landscape and studio perfect! But It's perfectly cheaper option for an almost medium/large format system...not for me I guess...D4..00...probably?...

Kaylangan ko ng pagkakitaan ito yun lang...
    Faces of Street of Auckland

“ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

"If you find yourself doing to much post processing, then your lazy and your just a graphic artist."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sammbelaguin View Post
    i guess most of us GT shooters are using nikon system...
    tell me about it...in here it's like 2 is to 10 versus Canon...and people here are gear freaks! not the filipinos because we're still converting to pesos (but not me I'm guess).

“ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good. – Anonymous

"If you find yourself doing to much post processing, then your lazy and your just a graphic artist."

Post Thanks / Like

32mp is insane! If you shoot continuously for 3 seconds at maximum resolution and file size (ie 14bit raw, TIFF, etc) then you just made 1GB of data! My hard drives at home will cry for mercy...
    Favorite Camera: iPhone 4
    Favorite Drink: Water
    Favorite Mode: A'La

Post Thanks / Like

your pocket will cry more than ever fafa Randy.

I don't think they can sell this more than the D700 success...might get higher demands for the D700...Did Japan already stop the production for this body?

Post Thanks / Like

the 16 megapixels range might be my next upgrade (not this year for sure but probably next year so that my D700 will get a younger brother to do more works for him).

Post Thanks / Like

The D700 and D300s already stopped production in Japan since they didn't comply with the latest industry standards.

Seriously, I'd prbably opt for a D700, kahit 2nd hand, than get this for now... Also I have no money. LOL
    \

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by randy_bautista View Post
    The D700 and D300s already stopped production in Japan since they didn't comply with the latest industry standards.

Seriously, I'd prbably opt for a D700, kahit 2nd hand, than get this for now... Also I have no money. LOL

Jackpot if there's no problem for getting a 2nd hand D700 with reasonable shutter count but expect the worst scenario if the sensor died on you and needs replacement...

Post Thanks / Like

how to post video here from youtube?

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few brand new units floating around in the ph and HK markets but kinda hard to find and the price hovers at around 105-110k.

No idea how to post YT link na lang!

Post Thanks / Like

Bros, maybe we just need to just religiously erase extra shots we don't need to save on resources. Though I shudder at the thought of processing a 32MB NEF then saving it as a TIFF then editing a multi-layered TIFF. There's going to be some lag time on the processing side.

But still, on the brighter side, HDD prices are stabilizing, RAM is still very affordable and multi core processors from (AMD and INTEL) are still dropping their prices and mother boards are supporting ever faster transfer speeds (hdmi and USB3). I guess our GT desktops can still do the work--- It's our laptops that we need to upgrade so we can edit off-site.