If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have Camera, Will Shoot.

Many thanks Kenneth, cheers!

Binondo, Manila at night:

Keeping himself entertained by joshxiv, on Flickr

Kalesa and Neon Lights by joshxiv, on Flickr
    --
    "Forget the long lens bro.. stuff only looks good up close." - The Bang Bang Club Movie.

"I can't remember the last time I saw neon lights being little colorful balls" - Charlie Kirk aka twocutedogs

Flickr | Tumblr | I Hardly Know Her | Manila State of Mind |

Post Thanks / Like

Currently in the middle of a work trip in the US, so I had the chance to try shooting the streets outside of the Philippines for the first time.

I'd made some trips abroad since taking up photography, but I used to just shoot the usual tourist-y stuff, this is the first time that I attempted some 'street' shooting while traveling abroad.

Baltimore, MD:

Inner Harbor by joshxiv, on Flickr

My attempt at layering ala Alex Webb, haha:

Untitled by joshxiv, on Flickr

Shot during a rally in support of Trayvon Martin:

"I am Trayvon Martin" by joshxiv, on Flickr

Full set of the rally here >> Flickr set

Cheers.
    --
    "Forget the long lens bro.. stuff only looks good up close." - The Bang Bang Club Movie.

"I can't remember the last time I saw neon lights being little colorful balls" - Charlie Kirk aka twocutedogs

Post Thanks / Like

And of course, I couldn't pass up the chance to shoot the world capital of street photography - NYC!

Nikon Girl by joshxiv, on Flickr

Shopping Bags by joshxiv, on Flickr

Little Red Dress by joshxiv, on Flickr

The Photographer, the Lady and the Bystander by joshxiv, on Flickr
    --

Post Thanks / Like

More from NYC! I love this city. I now know why people watchers and street shooters absolutely love it. If only they had tropical weather year-round, I'd be ready to declare NYC as my favorite metropolis on Earth. It comes close, but it doesn't beat out Metro Manila as the greatest metropolis on Earth for me.

But it is a great city for street photography. It's very walkable. There's a lot of energy, a lot of character, and a lot of quirkiness in the streets. It's definitely a different high walking around NYC with a camera.

Red Nails by joshxiv, on Flickr

Morning Coffee by joshxiv, on Flickr

Untitled by joshxiv, on Flickr
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Flashed by joshxiv, on Flickr

ATG, Makati, Metro Manila.

Flashed II by joshxiv, on Flickr

Times Square, NYC.

Cheers, keep shooting.
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Viray View Post
    This one is a winner sir Joshua! Great shot.
    CHASEing the dream.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Donnil! And no need for the sir, cheers!

One more from NYC:

"Miss, you want a ride?" by joshxiv, on Flickr

I was on the left side of the sidewalk when I spotted the hat, so I quickly moved towards her. I raised my camera, but she had her head turned towards the pedicab driver who was asking if she wanted a ride. As soon as she faced forward, I hit my shutter.
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Times Square, NY:

Business, Religion and Technology by joshxiv, on Flickr

Before visiting NYC, I was expecting to do most of my shooting at Times Square. Since it was bound to be crowded, I figured the more people = more fun shooting. But after spending a couple of hours there, I ended up pretty disappointed. Sure, it definitely was crowded, but it was pretty much 99% tourists just snapping away and I was thinking that I wanted to shoot interesting New Yorkers!

So when I had the chance to go back to NY for another weekend of shooting, I was thinking of sticking with the likes of Fifth Ave, Union Square and Columbus Circle. High traffic areas, not extremely touristy, and I had lots of chances to see locals going about their everyday lives.

But after a long day of walking and shooting, I somehow found myself in the Times Square area looking for a place to eat. My feet were killing me, my camera was weighing me down (which rarely happens to me, since I shoot with a relatively small and light set-up - Pentax K7+DA 15mm), cabs were all taken, and worst of all, I couldn't find a resto that wasn't full in a 5 block radius, LOL.

So I decided to sit down on one of the sidewalks right on Times Square and think about my next move. That's when I spotted this religious procession passing through. So I jumped up, got closer and fired a few frames. It turned out to be one of my better images that day. So maybe I shouldn't be too harsh on Times Square.
    --

Post Thanks / Like

For me, these are the best photos in this thread
    http://victorvesuna.blogspot.com/http://victorvesuna.multiply.com/photosProfessional website : vivesimages.multiply.comPentax K5Panasonic Lumix GX1 20mm 1.7 14mm 2.5 14-45 Mega OIS 14-42 GX vario Oly 45mm 1.8 Panasonic Leica Elmarit 45 mm 2.8 Macro(note this is not a camera store)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by victor_vesuna View Post
    For me, these are the best photos in this thread
    Hey Victor, many thanks! Cheers.

Quiapo Church:

For the old, and the young by joshxiv, on Flickr
    --