If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking PMA 2007 (What's for PENTAX @ PMA_07?)

PMA 2007 is just around the corner. Will PENTAX release a K1D or the 645 Digital ?
    What do you guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, get your free PMA mag. free download @ this link http://www.pmai.org/magazine/default.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish they release a SSM 200mm f4 macro lens that costs just similar to its counterpart in other brands....

Post Thanks / Like
    Rumors are there are 2 new cameras? Maybe both K1D and 645D? Or a K200D?

I wish they release a new flash gun which was specifically built for the K series. There are more than a few users reporting inconsistent flash output even with the AF540FGZ and AF360FGZ :S

I also wish they release a firmware 1.20 for the K series:

1. An "On/Off" option for the built-in flash to act only as AF-assist strobe when raised.

2. Pressing the delete button in shoot mode activates the custom white balance MENU.

Pressing the delete button for 2 secs or more in shoot mode initiates a custom center spot white balance shot. So you just have place your gray/white cards, epodisc, wb lenscap, or anything white on the center of the frame and press the delete button for 2 seconds or more to capture a custom white balance without going through the wb menus.

3. While in the white balance menu, pressing the green button resets the white balance to AWB. Just like how the green button works for flash compensation now.

4. Turning the dial to "USER" will show you a selectable list of user saved preferences not only the 1 setting you saved. And would includes all wb fine tunings and color adjustments as before.

5. ISO 50 & 3200

6. Hyperprogram + AutoISO + Shutter priority shift fix
    www.randallcipriano.com | rn.dll error

I am not a photographer. Fuji Instax Mini.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice set of wishes Sir Randall. I just upgraded the firmware of my K100D to 1.20. Firmware was only for SDHC cards compatibility(other brands). Also i called SANLY this afternoon to ask for the FLASH Guns and the cheapest i found was AF360FGZ P16,683.00(not available; out of stock). AF540FGZ cost P35,000.00? And the fish eye DA cost P43,200.00.

I wish Pentax will have a LENS with powerzoom function for K100D. I only know power zoom is available for K10D with KAF2 lens (DA*).

Post Thanks / Like
    Powerzoom? Maybe you meant SSM (Super Sonic Motor)? Powerzoom is defunct because it eats alot of energy and costly to implement.

The K100D doesn't have SSM drive pins, so theoretically, SSM won't work with it. I don't even know if the new SSM DA* lenses will work on the K100D to start with. If these lenses won't work with the K100D, it would be a problem for users who would want to use the K100D as a backup for the K10D. They'll definitely put SSM pins on the 2 rumored new cameras. That's why I was speculating on a K200D which should probably include SSM functionality. If the rumors are true.

We'll just have to wait and see.

You'll be glad to know that the AF360FGZ is available at Camerahaus Glorietta for PhP13,990. I think you can still get it at a discounted price.

By the way, please drop the sir. You're older than me. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for calling you you Sir.=) Part of work. Also i noticed the flyers/brochures for K10D by SANLY offers the DA* lenses. I hope it will fit the K100D. i would like to have a superzoom telephoto lens. Also thank you for the info for the flash gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Randall just want to ask how many pins you have in your K10D? I'll count mine in my K100D. if you have two more pins than me, i think our question will be answered. Those two pins i 've researched is for the upcoming lens from Pentax, according to the article i've read on the Net.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay i found it already. you have 2 AFcoupler pins against 1 for K100D. I guess the DA* is for K10D only. Maybe They will release a K1D and that will be your PRO Camera and your back-up will be K10D. Any we have to wait till PMA

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/pma2007/Pentax/

The guy at the podium looks familiar. Hehe.