If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Get a chance to win CASH PRIZES by joining the 'Picture of Health' Photo Contest

“PICTURE OF HEALTH: Healthy Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar”

Photo Contest Rules

1. Date:
    Contest period is May 17, 2011 to July 18, 2011. Deadline for submission of entries is midnight of July 18, 2011.

2. Eligibility: Open to all Filipinos and local residents who are at least 18 years old at the time of contest entry. Employees of Novartis and its PR & Advertising Agencies and their family members are disqualified from participating in the photo contest.

3. Entry:
    a) Participants must fill out and submit the official entry form, which can be downloaded here.
    b) Photo entry can be taken by a mobile phone camera, SLR/DSLR camera, or digital “point and shoot” camera. Contestants can submit multiple entries.
    c) Theme and Photo Caption. Photo entries should show recommended ways to maintain healthy blood pressure and blood sugar that include:
    • Eating a healthy diet low in fat and rich in fruits and vegetables
    • Exercising regularly
    • Maintaining optimal weight
    • Not smoking
    • Reducing salt intake
    • Managing stress
    • Monitoring blood pressure (target 140/90 or lower) and blood sugar levels (target 100 mg/dl)
    • Taking proper medication
    A short caption (less than 100 words) should accompany the photo.
    d) The Picture of Health icon should also be creatively incorporated in the photo image. Download icon here.
    e) Submit photo entry and caption by emailing the picture file in JPEG format to pictureofhealth.whd@gmail.com via ‘yousendit’ (log on to www.yousendit.com), or byregular mail or special courier to Novartis Healthcare Philippines. Be sure to include the completed entry form.
    f) Photo entries submitted shall automatically become the property of Novartis Healthcare Philippines. Contestants waive all copyright claims to photo entries submitted and shall be solely responsible for obtaining the permission/clearances from their photo subjects or co-contestants. Photo entries submitted will not be returned to contestants. Novartis Healthcare Philippines shall not be held responsible for any lost photo entries.Contestants give Novartis and its media partners the permission to and right for the unlimited use of the photo entries in any form of media. At the end of the contest, selected entries will be posted on the official Facebook page by the administrators.

4. Judging: A panel of judges composed of the presidents/heads of major medical societies; a Department of Health representative; and key Novartis officials will select the top three (3) entries based on the criteria and contest rules. The judges’ decisions are final.

5. Criteria for Judging: Creativity (25%), Composition/Overall Impact (25%), Relevance (25%) and Photo caption (25%).

6. Prizes: Cash Prizes will be awarded to the: First Prize (P30,000); Second Prize (P15,000); Third Prize (P10,000). All winners will be notified by email, phone call or mail. Cash prizes are tax-free.

7. Miscellaneous: Photo entries must be original photos taken or owned by the contestant, and should not have been previously used, submitted, or published for another campaign or photo contest. Entrants must provide full details as required in the entry form, and comply with all rules to be eligible for prize(s). Novartis Healthcare Philippines shall not be held responsible for ineligible entries, submitted entries that were fraudulently made or obtained, or submitted entries that have infringed on any property or economic rights. Obscene, suggestive or inappropriate photo images are strictly prohibited.

8. Facebook and Twitter
    You may also find us on Facebook ‘WHD Picture of Health Photo Contest’
    (visit www.facebook.com/WHDpictureofhealth.photocontest or visit our Twitter page: www.twitter.com/WHDpicofhealth)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Get a chance to win CASH PRIZES by joining the 'Picture of Health' Photo Contest

f) Photo entries submitted shall automatically become the property of Novartis Healthcare Philippines. Contestants waive all copyright claims to photo entries submitted and shall be solely responsible for obtaining the permission/clearances from their photo subjects or co-contestants. Photo entries submitted will not be returned to contestants. Novartis Healthcare Philippines shall not be held responsible for any lost photo entries.Contestants give Novartis and its media partners the permission to and right for the unlimited use of the photo entries in any form of media. At the end of the contest, selected entries will be posted on the official Facebook page by the administrators.
    Here we go again hehee.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Get a chance to win CASH PRIZES by joining the 'Picture of Health' Photo Contest

Quote Originally Posted by David Tong View Post
    Here we go again hehee.
    Are you talking about Intellectual Property Rights/Code/Law Sir David?
    Push yourself to the limits as well as your gear.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nikon D90

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Get a chance to win CASH PRIZES by joining the 'Picture of Health' Photo Contest

Think twice before you submit your photos. The only thing that will be really "healthy" at the end of this contest is the organizer's collection of "FREE" photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me say something. Last I checked, we are the largest and most popular photography magazine and community in the country. Last I checked, NOVARTIS is one large pharma company doing business in the Philippines. If big pharma wants to post their photo contest on our website, don't you think we deserve at least a call or PM in advance before they do? I don't go to their website or facebook schilling our magazine.

David Tong brings up subject 3f which we have seen numerous companies try to do when they hold photo contests. Here at DPP, we believe in the rights of the photographers and cannot condone any contest that seeks to take away those photographers rights.

So Denise Barrameda, let me know what PR agency you work for. And tell your employer, NOVARTIS, to come up with proper photography contest rules lest you want a serious backlash here.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't we have rules for posting addys for photo contest? Something like

"Any member of this community may not post an advert of any photo contest without permission from the DPP administrator. Any adverts without prior permission from the DPP administrator will be immediately removed from the boards without question or notice to the advertiser/member."

I'm pro-photo contests but IMO members need to understand that that can't just post ads for photo contests at will, regardless of how big or how small the company/entity (that is funding the photo contest) is. It would be disrespectful to this community - and to the DPP "owners" - if they do.

My two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mr. Nick Tuason,

I apologize I was not able to inform you before I posted the photo contest. I just wanted to give all the other members the opportunity to join. As a member and based on your guidelines for posting, I presumed that I was free to post this announcement under "Photo Challenges".

Nonetheless, please delete this thread or my posting of the photo contest if you wish.

Again, my apologies for my eagerness to invite other co-members of DPP to join the contest.

Thank you.

Denise Barrameda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Barrameda View Post
    Dear Mr. Nick Tuason,

I apologize I was not able to inform you before I posted the photo contest. I just wanted to give all the other members the opportunity to join. As a member and based on your guidelines for posting, I presumed that I was free to post this announcement under "Photo Challenges".

Nonetheless, please delete this thread or my posting of the photo contest if you wish.

Again, my apologies for my eagerness to invite other co-members of DPP to join the contest.

Thank you.

Denise Barrameda
    End of story. It looks like she's still in school, finishing her studies. It's likely a simple mistake on her end. She also had the courage to apologize.

Let's move on.
    Last edited by danpagulayan; 05-23-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Know Christ and Make Him Known

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Tuason View Post
    Let me say something. Last I checked, we are the largest and most popular photography magazine and community in the country. Last I checked, NOVARTIS is one large pharma company doing business in the Philippines. If big pharma wants to post their photo contest on our website, don't you think we deserve at least a call or PM in advance before they do? I don't go to their website or facebook schilling our magazine.

David Tong brings up subject 3f which we have seen numerous companies try to do when they hold photo contests. Here at DPP, we believe in the rights of the photographers and cannot condone any contest that seeks to take away those photographers rights.

So Denise Barrameda, let me know what PR agency you work for. And tell your employer, NOVARTIS, to come up with proper photography contest rules lest you want a serious backlash here.
    Thank you, Nick, for expressing DPP's unequivocal support for photographers' copyrights.