If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Both. It's super easy to do MF even in not so good lighting. Pentax cameras have always been providing one of the best viewfinders out there.

Even their Pentamirrors are great if not better than the rest.
    www.randallcipriano.com | rn.dll error

I am not a photographer. Fuji Instax Mini.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with Sir Randall. BOTH. Sorry for the Star Wars thing.=) Also just found this on dpreview. http://www.bio-images.com/catalog.php
    http://www.bio-images.com/catalog.php
    The National Geographic photographer was using a Pentax DSLR with A very BIG Lens on a swamp/or river i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=2199520 this is for the dpreview. i'm having trouble with the shortcut of copy for MAC.=)

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to use MF sometimes but the results are not good. What seems to be clear in the VF doesn't come out as expected; hence, my pure joy for quickshift AF. Think my eyes are getting bad!

You must give me some MF pointers in our next meet.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried all moving the diopter from side to side? Try moving it to the blurred part and carefully slide it to where your eyes see clearly the object you pointing your lens. Hope this helps. =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Zoom in first and focus manually, you will see a green focus lock icon on the VF if you have a successful lock. You'll also hear a confirmation beep if your beeps are enabled. After focus lock, you can zoom out again to your preferred focal length. and capture the image.

If your having a hard time doing MF, you can opt to buy the magnifying eyepiece. I read good reports about it.

Also, a center splitscreen Katzeye focusing screen is available for Pentax cameras.
    www.randallcipriano.com | rn.dll error

I am not a photographer. Fuji Instax Mini.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea, the diopter is to the far right for me.....the clearest view in my opinion. But I think I'll double check when I get home later.

Victor also suggested that magnifying eyepiece but how much is it and where can I get one? I'm seriously considering one just to enjoy MF. (I feel old right now! )

Randall, were you pressing the OK button while you were zooming in and waiting for the focus lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Cipriano
    Zoom in first and focus manually, you will see a green focus lock icon on the VF if you have a successful lock. You'll also hear a confirmation beep if your beeps are enabled. After focus lock, you can zoom out again to your preferred focal length. and capture the image.

If your having a hard time doing MF, you can opt to buy the magnifying eyepiece. I read good reports about it.

Also, a center splitscreen Katzeye focusing screen is available for Pentax cameras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzpicardal
    Willy, Very sharp and very deep. Is this ^ cropped?
    mitz that was shot wide open hand held & no cropping, thanks for passing by
    1/10s f3.5 ISO 800

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Sy
    I try to use MF sometimes but the results are not good. What seems to be clear in the VF doesn't come out as expected; hence, my pure joy for quickshift AF. Think my eyes are getting bad!

You must give me some MF pointers in our next meet.............
    as I said in one of the thread, I can even MF without looking @ the View finder I just listen that "BEEP" then fire hehehe

here's the shot 1/50s f4.5 ISO 800 @ 17mm staright out of the cam no PP all default settings

Post Thanks / Like

Good day Sir Willy, that was a beautiful back there. wish i could buy one of those fisheye by the end of the year.