If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Service Center for Olympus

here's the latest reply from olympus japan..

"Dear Mr. Monzon,

Thank you for your reply, and for giving us the time for investigation.
    We passed your mail on to our service center in the Philippines with the request that they fully investigate the situation and take care of this matter.
    Please wait for a while until there is a contact from them.
    Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    M. Higa
    Customer Support Center
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Tokyo, Japan"

anyways, they were able to release my camera 2 days ago, finally! However, i have to send it back to them again coz the same problem still exists. Let's just see how fast they handle my case this time.
    Last edited by ernie_monzon; 04-13-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I am craving for a prime lens and want it full manual:

Where can i purchase and RJ Minolta to Olympus 4/3 mount adapter? Been looking over the internet and malls to find that adapter so i can mount my Rokkor 1.8 f/80mm film lens.

If in case there are non in the Philippines, is there an adapter-like that we can mount a Minolta Rokkor lens to an Olympus 4/3 mount?

Been needing help and searching online, and kinda getting frustrated. )
    "He may be best at what he does, but not at what I do." - Batman

DPP Member Tomas A. Consolacion, Jr.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ernie_monzon View Post
    here's the latest reply from olympus japan..

"Dear Mr. Monzon,

Thank you for your reply, and for giving us the time for investigation.
    We passed your mail on to our service center in the Philippines with the request that they fully investigate the situation and take care of this matter.
    Please wait for a while until there is a contact from them.
    Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    M. Higa
    Customer Support Center
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Tokyo, Japan"

anyways, they were able to release my camera 2 days ago, finally! However, i have to send it back to them again coz the same problem still exists. Let's just see how fast they handle my case this time.
    Another dissatisfied Oly customer here.

I upgraded to an E-30 July last year then disposed my beloved E-520 soon after. Big mistake.

By November 2011 the E-30 was acting up. Hoped it would return to normal. Got busy.

I sent it in for repair January 18, 2012. It's been four (4) months now and it's still there, even after repeated follow-ups, tantrums and harsh words. First, nag-order daw ng spare part(s). That took ages. Then dumating na daw, magagawa na. Then after a week, ooops sorry daw mali ang part na na-order. So long wait ulit. Last month i-Digiworld said dumating na daw yung tamang spare part. Kina-calibrate na daw, magagawa na.

Then last week their tune was: di po magawa, kailangan na daw dalhin sa Japan. I told them, bakit di nyo na lang palitan ng bago?

By this time I'm numb already. Camera-less for the first quarter of the year. I've already bought a new Samsung EX-1 last month to tide me over.

I had planned to write their head office, but seeing that somebody has done this already and was given a vague reply, I've dropped that plan.

I'm still waiting. Sorry Olympus, you've lost a loyal customer, no matter how good your pictures come out.

Post Thanks / Like

sigh, this is what i don't want to read about Olympus service. Im ready to jump on this system and its really not good seeing these kinds of reaction from loyal customers. i was expecting that they have the same or at least close after sales service level like my previous brand

DPP Member Tomas A. Consolacion, Jr.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the disparaging words sir. Olympus is still a favorite though. I've accumulated a number of top 4/3 lenses over the past years and Oly's picture quality can't be faulted. But what good is good glass with no body to shoot with?

Thinking of jumping ship now, looking at Nikon or Pentax. Hope the service is better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas A. Consolacion, Jr. View Post
    Sorry for the disparaging words sir. Olympus is still a favorite though. I've accumulated a number of top 4/3 lenses over the past years and Oly's picture quality can't be faulted. But what good is good glass with no body to shoot with?

Thinking of jumping ship now, looking at Nikon or Pentax. Hope the service is better.
    i agree with you Tomas. no need for apologies as i totally understand these kind of situations. after sales service is also one of the important things we have to consider when using any system since these gears are not cheap to buy and maintain. I hope Red Dot Philippines can do something about this...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Olympus Philippines (Red Dot Philippines) handles situation like this with care. A great product is non sense if the customer services is not that good.

Wish things could be changed.
    X100/E-M5
    Panasonic 14mm f2/ Panasonic 20mm f1.7/ Panasonic 25mm f1.4/ Olympus 45mm f1.8/ Olympus 12-50mm f3.5-6.3/ Olympus 40-150mm f4.0-5.6

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Service Center for Olympus

Wow! This sort of thing might hinder me from buying the Tough 820... Seems as bad as Nikon Service Center...
    Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM
    Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 I

Canon 70-200m F4L IS USM
    Canon 50m 1.8 II
    Canon 580EX II
    Canon 60D
    Canon 7D

Post Thanks / Like

sorry guys, it's been a while i haven't posted at this forum... just thought of updating you guys what happened to my complaint.

during that time, i also shared some bad experiences i heard from mang ramon of mayer concerning olympus service, and i relayed them to olympus japan as well. anyways, my camera is working fine already. in fairness, i have to thanks olympus japan for the speedy followup, after the second repair, i was surprised that 2 or 3 days after, they were able to fix and have it delivered to me.. wow! i didn't know they do deliveries as well. i just hope this kind of incident wont happen anymore, should there be any, just email olympus japan hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings, friends. I hope this isn't too off topic but I'm thinking about buying into olympus despite the these service horror stories. Just one question though, coming from Nikon (where any units not sold by CDSC are considered gray and won't be serviced), is there a particular store from which I should buy/avoid buying my camera so that it can be serviced in the official olympus service center? Or is olympus not as strict when it comes to this?