If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Birds

Post Thanks / Like

Your bird photos are fantastic Reyno !!! More more More please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tina mallari
    Your bird photos are fantastic Reyno !!! More more More please
    Hey Tina, you should start posting your captures from your recent West Coast vacation. Next time you take a trip, swing by the Sunshine State and we'll go birding.
    Let's keep em rolling.....
    Here's a Crested Caracara I captured yesterday. Please take note that this bird and most of the Caracaras are now being banded and tracked through an embedded satellite antenna on their back. There are less than 500 of these birds left in the US and their population is dwendling. Even in Mexico, where it is the national bird, they are on the endangered list.

http://www.pbase.com/reybeckfilms/image/73708321
    Last edited by Reyno Rosete; 06-05-2007 at 01:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyno Rosete
    Here's a Crested Caracara I captured yesterday. Please take note that this bird and most of the Caracaras are now being banded and tracked through an embedded satellite antenna on their back. There are less than 500 of these birds left in the US and their population is dwendling. Even in Mexico, where it is the national bird, they are on the endangered list.

Fantastic, Reyno! How come I don't see these birds when I'm there? Puro Sea Gulls lang ang kuha ko sa west coast. I'll be more vigilant when it comes to bird watching next time. More pics please.
    virtually,
    aly

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic capture as usual Reyno !!!! That's what's nice in the US, they REALLY protect the animals there.

I think you have to go to the reserves to see these birds Aly. I saw a lot of Turkey Vultures along the highways though BUT you can't stop in the highways there to take photos unlike here in Manila na you can do whatever you like. HehHEhHEHhHE

I'm currently working on a new site and that's where I'll be posting the photos from our trip last december. Actually everything is at the site na but I still have to label them - HehEHhHEheEhe

Aly, noticed that you are from Ayala Alabang. Did you know that we have Rose-ringed Parakeets, Black naped Orioles, Cockatoos and so many more birds in our village - IN the WILD ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Take life one frame at a time

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to go to the reserves to see these birds Aly. I saw a lot of Turkey Vultures along the highways though BUT you can't stop in the highways there to take photos unlike here in Manila na you can do whatever you like. HehHEhHEHhHE
    Ok, the next time I'm there, I'll ask my relatives to bring me to a reserve. But most of the time they just bring us to the shopping malls and the usual tourist locations.

Aly, noticed that you are from Ayala Alabang. Did you know that we have Rose-ringed Parakeets, Black naped Orioles, Cockatoos and so many more birds in our village - IN the WILD ha
    Yup, we're supposed to be a bird sanctuary village. But all the cocakatoos I see here are caged in my neighbors house. I did see a blue jay in the golf course once.
    virtually,
    aly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paolosarmiento
    Nice shot, Paolo. Did you take this in Cebu?
    virtually,
    aly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paolosarmiento
    Hmmmmm is it just me ? Can't see a photo here, there's only a red X in a box.

Post Thanks / Like
    actually i took that in the netherlands 2 years ago heheheh
    Take life one frame at a time

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm is it just me ? Can't see a photo here, there's only a red X in a box.
    That happens if the server of the image location is down. The picture is fine now.
    virtually,
    aly