If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DPP TV Episode 11 Fashion shoot

Hi everyone!!

We did not get to update you all on the previous episode which was episode 10 (documentary shoot in Club Mwah!) I hope you still got to watch the episode which was really awesome! Nevertheless, here is episode 11.

We were lucky enough to have as our model Isabella Gonzalez for this fun fashion shoot. She is an awesome singer (daughter of Kuh Ledesma) who is a star in her own right. You must hear her music, really awesome! We were also lucky enough to have a Filipina makeup artist, Jocelyn Zayco, who is based in Los Angeles (makeup to the stars..she did Eva Longoria's wedding) and had a great stylist Gina Montinola who was based in Italy doing fashion work. Great team all in all.

Here are some takes that we did from the shoot. These have been mildly retouched. I hope that you get to watch this episode.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pilar Tuason; 01-12-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DPP TV Episode 11 Fashion shoot

won't miss it miss pilar. ^^

nice takes on the cabaret type show. ^^
    Laguna Shutters Digital Photography Club

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Viltor! glad you enjoyed watching the previous episode :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Pilar,

Going back to episode 10, me and my wife liked how you worked out the cabaret show shoot (most of your shots were on wide angle I assume ) In fact, we liked it so much that we may plan to go there just to watch the show

What I liked about this episode were the music played during the entire episode Were those part of the cabaret show or you personally hand picked the music to be played?

Cheers. Looking forward to episode 11

Post Thanks / Like

i wish there is a link where i can watch those previous episode that i missed. or someone may post it here in DPP. but i watched the last episode in CLUB MWAH.. The pictures where great Miss Pilar, i wonder if you used an external flash in some of your shots or just a High ISO..?
    Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
    BENRO A-500EX - BH-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon agner View Post
    Pilar,

Going back to episode 10, me and my wife liked how you worked out the cabaret show shoot (most of your shots were on wide angle I assume ) In fact, we liked it so much that we may plan to go there just to watch the show

What I liked about this episode were the music played during the entire episode Were those part of the cabaret show or you personally hand picked the music to be played?

Cheers. Looking forward to episode 11
    Thank you!! I am glad that you enjoyed the show! You will love watching the show at Club Mwah live. The music played in the show is their selection. REally entertaining.
    I mostly shot with a 16-35 2.8 and 85 1.2. ( a few 70-200 during the "live show")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LAaldea View Post
    i wish there is a link where i can watch those previous episode that i missed. or someone may post it here in DPP. but i watched the last episode in CLUB MWAH.. The pictures where great Miss Pilar, i wonder if you used an external flash in some of your shots or just a High ISO..?
    No flash used in any photos. All ambient using high ISO's ( I think I even went up to 25,600 on a couple of photos)

Glad you enjoyed the show. Thank you for the support!

Post Thanks / Like

maam pilar. im just curious why are the exifs already not included when you showed the shots.. I just hope you would also post it next time. It really gives me an idea of what the appropriate settings would be when faced with tricky lighting. specially those in episode 10 the lighting was a bit tricky because of the changing lights.

^_^

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have enough time to digest exif data within the split second that the image is shown on screen? We had a discussion with this the other day. Pilar may start putting it back in the show. What she does now is explain her settings at the start of the shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick a tangent suggestion, why not feature one (or a couple) photos taken from the TV show and feature it in the magazine, that way, folks who were able to watch (and record) the show can go back and analyze the data against the printed output.