If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All About: High Speed Photography

Quote Originally Posted by oliver_ignacio View Post
    Eggsplosion #1

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7142/6...edc79ed5_z.jpg
    Eggsplosion #1 by igarubal, on Flickr

this is the first time I did a ballistic shot. I had some misfire, I think I got 50% success rate (5/10 shots).

ISO 1600
    100mm
    f/32
    open-flash technique
    Sigma EF530 DG Super @ 1/32 power, with softbox
    triggered by Universal Photo Timer, sound-triggered @ 100ms

PP - adjust level and curve
    i envy you, you already did an eggplosion series!
    btw, what type of gun did you use?
    CANON E0S1000D, EF-S 18~55mm f/3.5~5.6 kit lens, EF 50mm f/1.8mm II, EF-S 55~250 (f/3.5~5.6), Sunpak PZ42x, YN467, YN468

Post Thanks / Like

"Cherry splash".
    i did this last year. A through beam laser sensor detects the falling cherry, which triggers the flash after some delay.
    f/16, ISO200, bulb, 3 external flash (2 lighting the background, 1 lighting the cherry). The 3rd flash was directed inside the glass that is why the 2nd falling cherry was not much lighted
    Last edited by jcfiguracion; 04-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    CANON E0S1000D, EF-S 18~55mm f/3.5~5.6 kit lens, EF 50mm f/1.8mm II, EF-S 55~250 (f/3.5~5.6), Sunpak PZ42x, YN467, YN468

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junmillan View Post
    To the masters who posted their high speed photography shots...are the triggers you used available locally pls? (StopShot Water Drop Photography Kit, etc...)

Many Thanks in advance
    This is the appearance of my DIY high speed photography sensor. I have 2 sensors: sound (for popping balloons, breaking glasses, etc) and through beam laser sensor (for water drop). i made the circuit based from available circuit in the net, made some improvements and assembled it. The laser is actually a laser pen which i dismembered in order to make this unit. My latest addition to this is a light/flame sensor, which i use when capturing ignited matchstick (since ignited matchstick produces only minimal sound). for convenience, i designed this device to be powered either by a 9V battery or AC-DC power.
    good luck on your HSP!

Last edited by jcfiguracion; 04-26-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcfiguracion View Post
    i envy you, you already did an eggplosion series!
    btw, what type of gun did you use?
    tnx JC! I finally had the time to set-up this shot. I used a 0.22 caliber air rifle, I don't know the brand, it's an old (and rusty) air rifle I borrowed from my in-laws.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, Canon EF100 f/2.8 MACRO USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 500D Close-up filter lens, Sigma EF-530 DG Super, YongNuo YN460-II(2), Universal Photo Timer trigger, StopShot Water Drop Photography Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oliver_ignacio View Post
    tnx JC! I finally had the time to set-up this shot. I used a 0.22 caliber air rifle, I don't know the brand, it's an old (and rusty) air rifle I borrowed from my in-laws.
    how did you control the noise of the gun shot? im afraid of shooting actual guns during photography for fear the neighbours may call the police

Post Thanks / Like

Nozzle drop - this is the captured water drop from the nozzle of the solenoid valve i`m using for water drop.
    f/16, ISO200, bulb, 2 flash lighting the background.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

my share.

Tomato Splash

Tomato Splash
    Nikon D5Klub

Post Thanks / Like

To Sensei JC. Man you're awesome! hahaha but I may need to ask you a small favor...

You see, I'm an Art Director and a total dummy when it comes to schematics diagrams etc...Ang alam ko lang is that batteries have a positive and a negative pole HAHAHA! Thats it! So...you mentioned you were able to download a diagram for the trigger from the net. Errr could you possibly tell me the site/ titles of the diagrams you mentioned? You see, I asked my neighbor who eats stuff like this for breakfast and who likes disassembling & assembling stuff from a homemade Bugatti to a "pagong" VW (which btw he had already assembled and disassembled several times) to small electronic stuff. He modified a motion sensor for his townhouse unit. I showed him your set up and said he'll need the schematic and he's very willing to assemble one for me.

So can you pleeeeeeeez tell me where you were able to download your diagram?

A MILLION GAZILLION THANKS in advance JC! Oh also thanks to Sensei Oliver for pointing me in your direction! More Power to you guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junmillan View Post
    To Sensei JC. Man you're awesome! hahaha but I may need to ask you a small favor...

You see, I'm an Art Director and a total dummy when it comes to schematics diagrams etc...Ang alam ko lang is that batteries have a positive and a negative pole HAHAHA! Thats it! So...you mentioned you were able to download a diagram for the trigger from the net. Errr could you possibly tell me the site/ titles of the diagrams you mentioned? You see, I asked my neighbor who eats stuff like this for breakfast and who likes disassembling & assembling stuff from a homemade Bugatti to a "pagong" VW (which btw he had already assembled and disassembled several times) to small electronic stuff. He modified a motion sensor for his townhouse unit. I showed him your set up and said he'll need the schematic and he's very willing to assemble one for me.

So can you pleeeeeeeez tell me where you were able to download your diagram?

A MILLION GAZILLION THANKS in advance JC! Oh also thanks to Sensei Oliver for pointing me in your direction! More Power to you guys!
    @junmillan: thanks! below were my reference when i did this project of mine. there are many other circuits for sound sensor and photogate sensor in the net. The delay circuit will be needed when you want to shoot an event after some delay such as water drop. if you dont want the trouble of assembling them, i think its good to buy the commercially available units if you have the budget.

sound sensor:
    http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_so...a_ef_500_flash
    photogate:
    http://www.hiviz.com/tools/triggers/triggers3.htm
    delay circuit:
    http://www.hiviz.com/tools/triggers/triggers4.htm

Post Thanks / Like

"colorful crown"
    Finally i found a black plexiglass from a local shop. tried shooting milk crowns today.
    f/22, ISO200, bulb, 2 external flash pointed at the crown.
    Last edited by jcfiguracion; 04-29-2012 at 09:20 PM.