If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70
  1. #21
    DPP Member alvinguevara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270



    Hi Jo, I've tried asking Ace for the profiles but I guess he's busy?
    I just wanted to know how to get a copy of these profiles for 501 and 502..
    Want to know what my gear is?...
    Its PENTAX.. Got it?

    http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/alvinguevara

  2. #22
    Moderator Jo Avila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Quote Originally Posted by alvinguevara View Post
    Hi Jo, I've tried asking Ace for the profiles but I guess he's busy?
    I just wanted to know how to get a copy of these profiles for 501 and 502..
    Have you tried using the default color profiles that were automatically installed in your computer when you installed the software on the CD that came with the printer?

    Try using the default or generic color profiles first.

    I created those custom color profiles for a very specific reason.

    Cheers!

    Jo Avila

  3. #23
    DPP Member alvinguevara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Oh. Ok. I tried the generic profiles.
    I guess the output was good however, I just wanted another profile to compare it with.
    Thanks ;)
    Want to know what my gear is?...
    Its PENTAX.. Got it?

    http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/alvinguevara

  4. #24
    Moderator Jo Avila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Quote Originally Posted by alvinguevara View Post
    Oh. Ok. I tried the generic profiles.
    I guess the output was good however, I just wanted another profile to compare it with.
    Thanks ;)
    The generic or canned profiles of the iP4870 are fairly accurate.

    The prints I produced using them were a close match to how the image looked softproofed on my computer's LCD.

    Cheers!

    Jo Avila

  5. #25
    DPP Member laurencemiranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    This is available in Canon concept stores like the one in V-Mall right? The inks too?

  6. #26
    Moderator Jo Avila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Quote Originally Posted by laurencemiranda View Post
    This is available in Canon concept stores like the one in V-Mall right? The inks too?
    You can check if they have it in the Canon Concept Store in VMall. It's a fast selling item

    Try to contact Ace Porlet of Canon Marketing Philippines. He can help you source a unit.

    Ace_Porlet@canon.com.ph

    Tell Ace that I was the one who made the referral.

    Cheers!

    Jo Avila

  7. #27
    DPP Member ElizaldE tolEntino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Sir Jo, thanks for the review of iP4870. Which class of photographer will benefit most using this printer (amateur, pro, serious hobbyist, etc.) thanks.

  8. #28
    Moderator Jo Avila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaldE tolEntino View Post
    Sir Jo, thanks for the review of iP4870. Which class of photographer will benefit most using this printer (amateur, pro, serious hobbyist, etc.) thanks.
    The iP4870 is the flagship home edition of the Canon Pixma line.

    IMO, it's meant for the amateur up to the serious hobbyist.

    But I recently had a conversation with Ace Porlet. I requested to borrow back the iP4870.

    I'm printing an upcoming exhibit using the iP4870

    I love my Canon Pixma Pro9000 MkII.

    But the iP4870 is still a great printer to use.

    I'll be printing my images for the exhibit just to prove this point

    Cheers!

    Jo Avila

  9. #29
    DPP Member Robbie Casas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baguio City
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270

    Hi Jo,

    I'm on the verge of purchasing the Pixma iP4870. But I'm still holding off because I own an Epson Stylus Photo 2100 (capable of up to A3+ print sizes). The reason why I am thinking of getting the Canon printer is because I can't get the skin tones matched between my monitor and my printer. Now, I know that you are a Canon afficionado but I trust that you are first and foremost a photographer, one who has helped many other photographers. So even if I'm an Epson user, I still will try to seek your advice.

    I have a 3 year old Spyder Express calibration tool. My question is: how do I save ICC profiles to my printer? My printer cost me about P45K when I got it years ago and it was doing great. Hence, my hesitation of just throwing it away for a P7K Canon replacement. But ever since I upgraded my PC, I just couldn't get the same results. Please help!

  10. #30
    Moderator Jo Avila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The new Canon Pixma iP4870 and MG5270



    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Casas View Post
    Hi Jo,

    I'm on the verge of purchasing the Pixma iP4870. But I'm still holding off because I own an Epson Stylus Photo 2100 (capable of up to A3+ print sizes). The reason why I am thinking of getting the Canon printer is because I can't get the skin tones matched between my monitor and my printer. Now, I know that you are a Canon afficionado but I trust that you are first and foremost a photographer, one who has helped many other photographers. So even if I'm an Epson user, I still will try to seek your advice.

    I have a 3 year old Spyder Express calibration tool. My question is: how do I save ICC profiles to my printer? My printer cost me about P45K when I got it years ago and it was doing great. Hence, my hesitation of just throwing it away for a P7K Canon replacement. But ever since I upgraded my PC, I just couldn't get the same results. Please help!
    You're using a 3-year old Spyder (version ONE)? I hope you've been keeping it in a dry box.

    How do you save which ICC profile?

    The display profile created by the Spyder is automatically saved in your computer's system at the end of each monitor calibration and profiling session.

    The ICC profiles used by your printer are automatically installed in your computer when you installed the printer driver software on the CD that came with your printer.

    BTW, you mentioned that you upgraded your PC?

    Are you using Windows OS7?

    Windows OS7 sometimes doesn't load the display profiles created by a Spyder

    HTH.

    Cheers!

    Jo Avila

    P.S.

    But trust me - you want a Canon. Have you checked out the Canon Pixma Pro9000 MkII? It can print up to A3+. It costs P29k++++ (SRP) - a lot less than what you paid for your Epson. It prints faster than your Epson. It produced prints with great results.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •