If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.


Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 393
  1. #131
    DPP Member josephjocson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tanza, Cavite
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...



    Test Shots with my NEX-5

  2. #132
    DPP Member josephjocson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tanza, Cavite
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    Flying Dolphins

  3. #133
    DPP Member josephjocson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tanza, Cavite
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...


  4. #134
    DPP Member gianviterbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Quezon City
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    My test shot with my new baby:



    "Comic-con(versation)"
    Sony NEX-5
    f/9, 5 sec., 1600 iso, 16mm pancake lens
    compulsory flash with white bond paper as makeshift diffuser
    Last edited by gianviterbo; 12-01-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    GADGET PILIPINAS |Asus K42Jr | iPad Wifi 32gb | iPhone 4 32gb from Globe | iPhone 3gs 32gb | iPod Touch 2G | Nokia N900 | Sony NEX-5

  5. #135
    DPP Member gianviterbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Quezon City
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    Here's another one:



    Sony NEX-5
    f/3.5, 1/40 sec., 200 iso, 16mm pancake lens
    GADGET PILIPINAS |Asus K42Jr | iPad Wifi 32gb | iPhone 4 32gb from Globe | iPhone 3gs 32gb | iPod Touch 2G | Nokia N900 | Sony NEX-5

  6. #136
    DPP Member joshcruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Philippines
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    Using my wife's new NEX-5 with the 16mm pancake lens:

    www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos
    Connecta Consulting

  7. #137
    DPP Member JayGalleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    Quote Originally Posted by joshcruz View Post
    Using my wife's new NEX-5 with the 16mm pancake lens:

    http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos/image/130808178.jpg
    sir what can you say about it?
    Pasay Photographers Community (PC)
    Proud PC Member

    The best one for you will be the one you enjoy shooting with!


    Prayer of proper pixel placement:
    "Darks on the left,
    Lights on the right,
    Greys in the middle,
    and Lord help us preserve
    the holy highlights." - Joe McNally

  8. #138
    DPP Member joshcruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Philippines
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    Quote Originally Posted by JayGalleno View Post
    sir what can you say about it?
    It handles well, considering its size. Build quality is very good. Dynamic range seems ok but can be better (struggled big time not to clip highlights of the bright sky and retain the details of a covered space). But its portability, video quality and image quality is hard to beat in a camera of this size. The design is minimalist, which is what my wife fell for. She eventually went against Lumix LX5 when she saw the NEX-5 image quality, which is exactly in between what a high-end p&s can do and what an entry-level DSLR (such as the 550D) can deliver. She found the GF1 too big and the Samsung NX10 too bulky for her hands. I think the NEX-5 hit the sweet spot in terms of image quality and portability.
    www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos
    Connecta Consulting

  9. #139
    DPP Member JayGalleno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...

    Quote Originally Posted by joshcruz View Post
    It handles well, considering its size. Build quality is very good. Dynamic range seems ok but can be better (struggled big time not to clip highlights of the bright sky and retain the details of a covered space). But its portability, video quality and image quality is hard to beat in a camera of this size. The design is minimalist, which is what my wife fell for. She eventually went against Lumix LX5 when she saw the NEX-5 image quality, which is exactly in between what a high-end p&s can do and what an entry-level DSLR (such as the 550D) can deliver. She found the GF1 too big and the Samsung NX10 too bulky for her hands. I think the NEX-5 hit the sweet spot in terms of image quality and portability.
    Wow that's a nice and convincing remarks there. Thank you very much sir. Now the next time you see me I'm already holding on this camera. =D
    Last edited by JayGalleno; 12-02-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Pasay Photographers Community (PC)
    Proud PC Member

    The best one for you will be the one you enjoy shooting with!


    Prayer of proper pixel placement:
    "Darks on the left,
    Lights on the right,
    Greys in the middle,
    and Lord help us preserve
    the holy highlights." - Joe McNally

  10. #140
    DPP Member joshcruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Philippines
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX-3 / NEX-5 Shoots stock it here...



    Quote Originally Posted by JayGalleno View Post
    Wow that's a nice and convincing remarks there. Thank you very much sir. Now the next time you see me I'm already holding on this camera. =D
    You're welcome. Try it out before you buy. You might find the grip too small, or the body too light, if you're used to the traditional heft and weight of a DSLR. Also, note that the 16mm lens does not have image stabilizer (the 18-55mm kit has). However, at f/2.8 the pancake lens would seldom need an image stabilizer, especially since the NEX-5's ISO1600 shots are perfectly usable.
    www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos
    Connecta Consulting

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •