If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CALTEX - DPP OA7- Legazpi / Cam Sur

Quote Originally Posted by randy Belen View Post
    @leo, glenito, mic
    +1 vote for you mga idol...

@ian
    i love to join sana but i have no leave credits left... sayang! I hope there will be next time....

@adeb
    nice pitch bro! go pentax!

@ryan
    wow! powerful images sir!
    @randy - use your other leaves... (leave without pay) pitch ka na!
    He knows my name
    multiply
    flickrista
    ka-chunk!
    ka-chunk! ka-chunk!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mic_narra View Post
    @randy - use your other leaves... (leave without pay) pitch ka na!
    If Randy takes this suggestion I will be

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raymondcruz View Post
    nice typography poster mic

GO adeb and ryan!

randy pitch na!
    thanks master raymond
    He knows my name
    multiply
    flickrista
    ka-chunk!
    ka-chunk! ka-chunk!

Post Thanks / Like

go Adeb, Ansbert & Mic!
    MakatiCameraClub

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karl.Rojero View Post
    go Adeb, Ansbert & Mic!
    Thanks Karl ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derick_Gamboa View Post
    My legal counsel from OA6.0 will review this. We offer free legal counsel to DPP.

Atty. Puyat, please review.
    DG: When I submitted my pitch last year, it was a toss-up between issuing a spoof Executive Order or a Department Order from DILG. I chose the latter, as I considered another lawyer or government official may use the former in a future pitch. I was surprised that my prediction came through this year.

So, you have my Vote for Team OA7!

P.S. Form and substance of Executive Order is correct. Although, it lacks the necessary stamp issued by the records division of Malacanang Palace to make it a valid copy, but we can just over look that little inconsistency :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derick_Gamboa View Post
    Woooooooo............ lips are sealed as i was not privy to that event which I understand you were part of. So i take it that your comment has some political under tone.

Atty. Puyat, please check on this matter too!!
    DG: Your comments are stricken off the record, as you admit that you have no personal knowledge. Hearsay!

P.S. But on the cheesemaxx, I have heard a lot of "in confidence stories" going around. Hahahaha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_sigua View Post
    First of all, I would like to congratulate in advance, those who will be chosen to take part in this rare opportunity. And with every pitch thrown setting the bar high as this thread progresses, it only makes the competition tougher.

Ok so while time frame is short and my schedule is tight quite a bit, I think I have yet to try and throw one for myself and spare a few minutes on this one so please allow me to take the plunge for the second time.

This may not be unique and will be pretty much straight forward so here's how it goes.

[media]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/rhsigua/DPPOA7-01.jpg[/media]

It all started with DPP. A place that I often claim as home to professional photographers, enthusiasts, hobbyists and amateurs alike. A place where the aspiration of being able to capture at least a decent photograph someday came to life. A place where a new pool of friends has been found and treasured.

And so the first couple of years lends itself to familiarization both in the community and the aspects of photography. That I started joining EBs, workshops, photo walks and travel safaris to get myself revved up.

[media]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4750125419_b96e8c5a6b_b.jpg[/media]

But it wasn't long enough when things began to materialize for me. These tiny pieces of recognitions may appear nothing compared to those achieved by the ones that I look up to. But it is quite huge enough of an encouragement for me to take another step forward. A challenge on its own.

[media]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4750861988_1179320758_b.jpg[/media]

And so this year calls for it once again. When the 7th installment of the On Assignment opened its doors to the community. I may have failed the first time I have thrown a pitch, but it only served as my rocket fuel to keep me going and there's really no stopping. With the help and support this community has given me through the past 3 years, I think it's about time to give something back in return. And what better way to make such thing happen than being a participant of this much awaited On Assignment Seven.

I am more than ready and I'm all prepped to fire. As a travel photographer, it has been always my protocol to have a diverse set of vision. That each and every shutter click aims to capture images which would somehow make a connection with the viewer. A connection that would make them feel like they were with me when it was shot. A shot that at the end of the day would make them want to have their tanks filled with Caltex with Techron gasoline and hit the road on the spot. Which I believe are the things quite essential for someone who will be shooting for a travel magazine such as Lonely Planet.

[media]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4751098532_a210de7e2b_b.jpg[/media]

I am a team player and I can easily adapt to different types of shooting and travel situations. I do not eat that much (although if there's more than enough food then it would be a bonus) and I only need a cup of coffee in the morning then I'm all set. I have the gear - enough to cover the usual focal lengths used in travels. I'm agile probably due to my slim built but I'm fit enough to meet the demands of physical endurance. I can write pretty decent if you talk about photo/travel blogs aspect. I can say as many values as possible and have the list go on, but there's only one objective to keep in mind. Bring home quality images.

This pitch may appear to be half-baked due to time constraints, but the desire to be a part of this team to contribute and fulfill the objective is pretty much "well done" so to speak. So pick me and pass me the Worcestershire sauce please. Thank you.

P.S.

I can also be in front of the lens at times.

[media]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4751182982_74036a3cb4_b.jpg[/media]

Ok so that was lame.

BTS Photo Credit Goes to:

Aly Reyes for Angono EB with Librodo Brothers
    Joel Garcia for Manny Librodo workshop
    Raymond Cruz and Darwin Pagayon for Anawangin and Baler travel shoot
    Derick Gamboa for Binondo Film Photowalk
    Jerry Tieng for DPP 3rd year anniv. Live Judging photo coverage
    Buccino De Ocampo and Ces Agdeppa for my appearances

Thanks DPP for giving us a chance to be a part of this On Assignment. Thanks to everyone who dropped by to read and visit these pitches. Good Luck to everyone.

Ryan, finally! I've been waiting for your pitch! Goodluck Pre!

Post Thanks / Like

Go Ryan...
    "If a single word is powerful to change the world then a photograph is more powerful to make a change"

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed most pitches had photo collages... so I created one to show some of my travel photos. This is an add on to my original pitch earlier so here goes:

PICK ME!!!