If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Epson T30 quality?

Hi printer gurus!

I was looking for an A3 printer for use with tshirt transfers and saw that the printer that was widely used by people in the business was the Epson T30.

Just wanted to ask if the print quality of this printer was good enough for sharp A3 prints.

Any feedback would be good.

Thanks!
    Favorite Camera: iPhone 4
    Favorite Drink: Water
    Favorite Mode: A'La

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Epson T30 quality?

I don't print T Shirt transfers but I assume you don't need maximum sharpness like you would for a photo.

The T30 is an office printer with simple four ink CMYK ink set up. Its also A4 and not A3.

A good photo printer these days would use 6-8 inks.
    Last edited by Nick Tuason; 06-12-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The T30 (I had the T50) is a decent printer, but like Nick mentioned, it only prints standard A4 and smaller. It produces good prints but B*W photos tend to have a magenta/yellow cast.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn... I asked the shop girl for an A3 printer with the other stuff I wanted and she recommended the T30. Never rely on a saleslady for technical info i guess... They must assume that buyers know what they want already...

I suppose the A3 option is the Epson Stylus Photo 1390 with the 6-ink tanks... but it's prohibitively expensive at around 21,000+. The T10 is just a quarter the price and the T30 at around less than half.

A4 printing is still an option but I'll be limited to A4 size designs unless I opt to tile the designs with 2x A4 sheets...

@David - You think the magenta cast can be corrected thru profiles or is it mainly due to the ink itself?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that if the printer doesn't use multiple black inks for mono images, it'll use the color cartridges to create other shades of grey hence the color cast... Higher-end printers use multiple shades of black for monochrome photos...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks David. I guess I'll need to demo it a bit to see if it fits my needs.