If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikon D300s

Post Thanks / Like

Nikon D300s

Rumor for now.... But it looks like it's the real thing.
    My Flickr - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gear List

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nikon D300s

same sensor size? I think Nikon is not developing new sensors. I was hoping that if this is true the resolution would be somewhere between 15-16MP. Time to save for a second body.
    "Delighted always you seek, the heart of the image find you must." - Master Yoda
    "I see dead pixels." - The Sixth Sensor

Post Thanks / Like

Better ISO Performance is my wish for this model. Video capability?
    AI-S(50 1.8, 100 2.8)
    AF-D(50 1.8)
    AF-S(18-70)
    HSM(70-300)

Post Thanks / Like

yup, HD capability with (it seems) auto-focus in "tripod mode".
    My Flickr - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gear List

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chester_tan View Post
    same sensor size? I think Nikon is not developing new sensors. I was hoping that if this is true the resolution would be somewhere between 15-16MP. Time to save for a second body.
    IMO, I think its better for Nikon to stay below the 15mp mark for a cropped sensor. more pixels on a small sensor can increase noise since the pixel pitch will be much smaller to fit that sensor. besides...12mp to 15mp is really not that big of a jump. better keep the ISO performance at a good level than sacrifice it for resolution

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryanvcpalacio View Post
    IMO, I think its better for Nikon to stay below the 15mp mark for a cropped sensor. more pixels on a small sensor can increase noise since the pixel pitch will be much smaller to fit that sensor. besides...12mp to 15mp is really not that big of a jump. better keep the ISO performance at a good level than sacrifice it for resolution
    Plus one on this
    Last edited by ALVIN L. BANLAYGAS; 06-16-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR
    Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.4 (JAPAN VERSION)
    TOKINA 11-16 f/2.8
    SB600

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryanvcpalacio View Post
    I agree. I can make Hi res pictures by stitching em pictures together.
    "Delighted always you seek, the heart of the image find you must." - Master Yoda
    "I see dead pixels." - The Sixth Sensor

Post Thanks / Like

i couldnt think of anything more that Nikon could add up to the present D300 than a better ISO performance or video perhaps if you look at it, the D300 clearly represents the peak of any APS-C size camera out there. No offense to 50D owners Weathersealed, Ergonomics, 100% VF Coverage, good ISO performance and an AF System that can even give the D2x a run for its money. Nikon will be hardpressed to come up with a replacement for this.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is true, I don't get it why not just improve the ISO performance (at least at par or better than the D90) even with the same pixel count. I found the 12mp simply enough. Printing at 8R or much bigger is a non-issue (also there are fractals or Alienskin Blow-up software that can do proper sampling enlarging for very large prints).

The movie feature would be a nice to have, but not really a reason for me to rush out and buy one.

One thing that doesn't add up here is the resolution: 3216 x2136? That's only 6.8mp right (if my math is correct)? And it reads Raw+Fine (so it should be adding up to 15mp right). Hhhhhmmmm....
    This is the Radio Clash from pirate Satellite!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melvinsevilla/
    http://sistinechapel.multiply.com/
    http://travelphoto.conforums.com/index.cgi

Follow me now on TWITTER>>> MelvinSevilla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MelvinSevilla View Post
    One thing that doesn't add up here is the resolution: 3216 x2136? That's only 6.8mp right (if my math is correct)? And it reads Raw+Fine (so it should be adding up to 15mp right). Hhhhhmmmm....
    Sir, I think the image size is medium, hence the M symbol beside the resolution.