If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.


Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 92
  1. #11
    DPP Member RameloGusilatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is



    Wonderful sharing Luz, very specific, suggestive and actionable "evaluation" ... like this one as well. We could learn a thing or two from this club and translate it to photography [ see link ] Again, thanks for sharing

  2. #12
    DPP Member donnadanealdana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baguio City
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    hello to everyone out here. Im just starting out and i have a few photos of my own..
    however i cant post it on this site since the file is too big so if anyone of you is willing to help me out or just give some constructive criticisms i would really appreciate it..

    thank you so much

    my site is
    http://my-unanswered-prayer.deviantart.com
    Last edited by donnadanealdana; 04-06-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: color

  3. #13
    DPP Member Marlo Moya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Posts
    949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    Ahhhh....
    Finally! a means to an end to the "nice shot" line.

    When posting photos, don't you all think it would be great to format it this way:
    Line 1 : Title
    Line 2 : Location
    Line 3 : Camera Setting : Camera used, lens used, aperture, focal length
    Line 4 : Photo

    More like :
    Life's a Beach
    Venice Beach, CA
    D300, 70-200mm @ 70mm, F8
    Photo (no photo this time)


    and on C&C
    Line 1 : First impression
    Line 2 : Mood
    Line 3 : Positive critique on composition, color, exposure, blur, pose, model, etc.
    Line 4 : Possible ways to improve on all items on line 3.


    More like :

    This image reminds me of post world war II Manila.
    Very romantic, cleverly composed and saturation is perfect.
    Sunset beachside exposure looks great. Shadows show depth and dimension.
    A little blur on the foreground may add that much needed focus on the horizon.


    Stuff like these would really help everyone.

  4. #14
    DPP Member erwinjasonmendoza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlo Moya View Post
    Ahhhh....
    Finally! a means to an end to the "nice shot" line.

    When posting photos, don't you all think it would be great to format it this way:
    Line 1 : Title
    Line 2 : Location
    Line 3 : Camera Setting : Camera used, lens used, aperture, focal length
    Line 4 : Photo

    More like :
    Life's a Beach
    Venice Beach, CA
    D300, 70-200mm @ 70mm, F8
    Photo (no photo this time)


    and on C&C
    Line 1 : First impression
    Line 2 : Mood
    Line 3 : Positive critique on composition, color, exposure, blur, pose, model, etc.
    Line 4 : Possible ways to improve on all items on line 3.


    More like :

    This image reminds me of post world war II Manila.
    Very romantic, cleverly composed and saturation is perfect.
    Sunset beachside exposure looks great. Shadows show depth and dimension.
    A little blur on the foreground may add that much needed focus on the horizon.


    Stuff like these would really help everyone.
    i agree with you sir and please only a photo at a time
    our existence is based on who we are and not on what we have

    NikonClubPhilippines
    LATA

  5. #15
    DPP Member mikemar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    I would like to give a suggestion to the masters of this great forum.

    This forum has so many great photographers. I am sure all of you would welcome new hobbyists who just got themselves into photography. Would it be possible if you guys can put a thread for beginners like me wherein beginners can post their photots then any of the great photographrs in this site can comment on the photos. this would make the forum more interactive.

    I admit there are beginners asking for tip etc., but all these posts are "kalat" in different threads. why not we have one main thread for beginners...Thanks...
    Canon 400D, 18-200mm lens, 50mm 1.8 lens
    http://mikemar.multiply.com

  6. #16
    DPP Member jerwinsanjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    i wanna give a suggestion too. let's not be too hard on ourseleves. if we want people to leave because we don't like them let's tell it to their face. it would save us a lot of energy and it would save our faces too.

  7. #17
    DPP Fan nino_carandang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    -
    Posts
    4,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    Quote Originally Posted by jerwinsanjuan View Post
    i wanna give a suggestion too. let's not be too hard on ourseleves. if we want people to leave because we don't like them let's tell it to their face. it would save us a lot of energy and it would save our faces too.
    jerwin,

    has there been a situation that calls for this one?

    nin
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

  8. #18
    DPP Fan nino_carandang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    -
    Posts
    4,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    in any case, PICTURES SHOULD BE POSTED ON THE THREAD. no external links should be given forcing us to view photos from other websites. it's a hassle to flip thru one pages to the next.
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

  9. #19
    DPP Member jerwinsanjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is

    Quote Originally Posted by nino_carandang View Post
    jerwin,

    has there been a situation that calls for this one?

    nin
    no sir. but to be sure can you please review my posts and see if i've done something? i would gladly get out of here if so. no ifs no buts.

  10. #20
    DPP Fan nino_carandang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    -
    Posts
    4,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Critique Forum- What It Is



    Quote Originally Posted by jerwinsanjuan View Post
    no sir. but to be sure can you please review my posts and see if i've done something? i would gladly get out of here if so. no ifs no buts.
    i don't see anything. besides, we don't want you out. we want everyone to be active!
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •