If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samsung NX10 Official!

Samsung's gearing up for a FF cam as well... Not being pessimistic, but a consumer-electronic company dipping into a whole new frame mount is a tough, tough battle to get into. No doubt they'll do really well in their home market, though.

The ergo is quite good for the NX, the OLED screen is nice too, though it's less than VGA. AF is pretty snappy in average, indoor lighting. Noise is comparable to earlier DSLRs, the NR is quite aggressive with jpegs, no clue how the RAW handles (not even sure if there is RAW or a RAW converter for it).

Post Thanks / Like

micro-FF = poor man's M9?

Hope they make an m42 adaptor.

I read about a recent Samsung patent on a new sensor that has a global shutter. It's supposed to solve the rolling shutter problem and maybe allow a fully electronic shutter. Wouldn't it be nice if we're not limited to 100,000 actutations? Anyway, what I found interesting in that patent was how they implemented it using 2 half sensors stitched together. I wonder if this could somehow pave the way for cheaper FF sensors in the future? FF has always been costly due to very low yield per silicon wafer. If they apply this concept to FF, maybe they could stitch 4 quarter sensors into 1, thus increasing the yield.

Post Thanks / Like

Roger: Check this tech out... Claims to capture at around 90% efficiency versus the current batch of sensors that can only do 25%.

OT though, but I think Samsung, as a manufacturer, may cash in better selling OEM parts (sensors) than trying to introduce a new lens mount...

Post Thanks / Like

so far the most intensive review i've read about the NX10:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...view-21638.htm

a quick peek at noise performance with NR off:

pretty darn good job IMhO.

f l i c k r

"Never eat more than you can lift" ~Miss Piggy

Post Thanks / Like

From DPReview:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/samsungnx10/