If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 1091 123411511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: The D5Klub

Post Thanks / Like

The D5Klub

Guys/Gals,

As from the previous thread, we are putting-up this new Team of Nikonians. It will be called D5Klub, so all Nikon D5000 users are very much welcome. By the way we are looking for mentors, meaning those more experienced in this world. Doc Carlo is one of my candidate, so sir please don't turn me down.

Let's represent and make some noise as for this great Nikon model the D5000!

{To the Moderators: Please allow our new team to have this space. Thanks!}
    Last edited by zenarboledajazul; 12-09-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept..--Ansel Adams
    llNikon D5KlubllFlickr

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newest Team of Nikonians: D5Klub! -- Paging mentors; Doc Carlo

wow, a new team!

think we non-motor body shooters should get together for a grandiose shoot-get-together!

more power D5Klub

is it real?

jo baluyot
    dreamlessworld.multiply.com : S
    fizz450_03@yahoo.com : M
    0915-7127502 : P

Post Thanks / Like

yey a new club!..first off, let's get to know each other and post your reason why you chose this cam and share some experiences with it so other interested with the cam may get some insight!:

1. Eric - at first I was choosing between Nikon d5000 vs canon 500d. d90 was out of the picture since i find it too big and too "pro", i want a smallest cam possible with the best specs and at that time, the d5000 fits my bill. Since most of my friends and family use Nikon so I decided to go with Nikon. Now I'm borrowing some of the lens my brother does not use often like the 55-200 non vr. The tilt LCD is a bonus and heaven sent, have shot videos and candid shots with it. Since it is small relatively and "not intimidating", my wife is enjoying using it too. After i made the most out of my kit lens, i decided that i should buy a prime and made me worried that i have limited choices because of the lack of motor, but then came along sir kenneth's thread on the superb 35mm. Since i bought the prime, it's been on my cam for 90% of the time. Next up for purchase was speedlight and got myself a sb600. The d5k+35mm combo is so compact, i always bring it with me whenever I go out. I also bought a small 3 compartment bag that can fit the speedlight and extra lens if I go to special occasions. That's it, have been a very satisfied d5k user for 5+ months :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Team,

Let's try to use this new thread, not to stop the other thread since that is where it all started, but to banner our new name, our new team!

My story-- by the way call me zen, almost same story with eric. Choosing from D5k and 500d, read and scrutinized a lot of reviews then I found a site wherein it compared same scenes, with the same settings and made me decide to get this better model. My mom is coming back from states and asked her to buy this for me. She got the 5k for 1k, body + 18-55mm vr + 55-200mm vr + 2 instructional dvds + 4gb sandisk sd..(gud deal--hehe!)

No regrets at all, very nice model and good decision to be with the superb Nikon system!

@S'Rolando -- thanks for dropping by! yeah maybe someday...
    Last edited by zenarboledajazul; 12-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.
    llNikon D5KlubllFlickr

Post Thanks / Like

Oks... I'm in. could the DPC team also join?
    DOG POUND CREW PHOTOGRAPHY
    http://doctorcarlo.multiply.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorcarlo/

"If you can't live with what you need, get the one you want." - D.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Doc Carlo what can i say mentor tormentor ka na pala idol
    DOG POUND CREW

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikon_d80

http://plapus.multiply.com/

"pak! sy*t, black" -gramps

Post Thanks / Like

yay! D5Klub is here hehehe

my story...was originally going for Pentax and was making the rounds at the Pentax forums for quite a while. It was originally a Pentax vs. Canon thing as I came from an S5 IS bridge cam and I thought that having a Canon as my first DSLR would make my life easier. Fast forward to Halloween weekend where I found myself walking the streets of Tsim Sha Tsui looking for that little camera store that Roland Lim had picked top 1 in his blog. For reasons too long and boring to post here (it's actually in the "Why Nikon" thread), it turns out that I'd be blowing my budget out of the water if I get a Pentax. So it eventually came to a Nikon vs. Canon fight and as with the other members here, it was the D5000 against the EOS 500D. When the storeowner showed me the D5000, for some reason it was love at first sight hehehe. I bought it with a 55-200 tele and an SB-600.

My camera hasn't quite been broken in yet and it's still a little over a month old with almost 2000 shots on the clock but all I can say is, what a camera! Very satisfied owner here and yes, the tilt/swivel LCD works wonders.
    Last edited by miggi.p.solidum; 12-10-2009 at 11:36 PM.
    Nikon D5000 | Nikon D5Klub
    Nikkor 18-55mm VR
    Nikkor 55-200mm VR
    Nissin Speedlite Di622

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your story bro! 'Love at first sight' tlga ah.. eheheh

Keep it coming!
    llNikon D5KlubllFlickr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zenarboledajazul View Post
    'Love at first sight' tlga ah.. eheheh
    hahaha...still can't believe even now. how should I explain it...I mean both cameras are equally capable. but it's the D5000 that's now sitting comfortably on top of my study table. I still have absolutely no idea why I liked the D5000 the moment the storeowner got it out of the box hahaha.
    Nikon D5000 | Nikon D5Klub
    Nikkor 18-55mm VR
    Nikkor 55-200mm VR
    Nissin Speedlite Di622

Post Thanks / Like

oy pasali..! ok i'l go on w/ my story, (naks) this year last june actually i started canvassing and do some research about slr, from pentax, nikon, canon and even sony i consider also. after a massive research and review down to nikon and canon, and the question by that time is w/c unit or model, for a canon my only choice by that time is 450d or 500d, for nikon i had 2 choice actually, d40,d60. i think every mall here in dubai and even the salesman i talked all of them, of course they have their way of convincing style. however when i hold and had the chance to shoot the d5000, its different, though its my first time to have an dslr, holdin a cam is not something new to me, because i have lots of friends and a hobbyist also, sometimes they will let me use their camera.
    to make a long story short.. im really happy to have d5000 as my first dslr.

and im verry happy that there is "nikon d5klub". yeah! its my first group to join also here in dpp!
    Nikon d5000
    AF S Nikkor Lens 18-55 vr + Petal Hood
    Sigma Lens 70-200mm 2.8 + Petal Hood
    AF Nikkor Lens 50mm f/1.8
    Macro Adapter ring (for 50mm only)
    Photix Battery grip + extra battery
    Kata Bag
    Manfroto Monopod
    Manfroto Tripod 055xPROB
    488RC2 Ballhead

http://terrorasta.multiply.com/
    http://facebook.com/rastalem

it's not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.

Nikon D5Klub ll D5Klub facebook