If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    DPP Member archiedavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking My Kodak Point and Shoot



    Hi Guys,

    Mine is a Kodak C913. Good for videos and pictures too. Pero I hate the blurred images when my subject moves. Ako pa naman, as much as possible, I don't want to use flash. Kaya I'm planning to buy a DSLR. (pag may pera na) hehehe...

  2. #2
    Super Moderator David Tong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

    Blurred images from moving subjects will occur regardless of whether you're using a DSLR or P&S as long as the shutter speed is too low to create a proper exposure.

    Welcome to DPP by the way.

  3. #3
    DPP Member archiedavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by David Tong View Post
    Blurred images from moving subjects will occur regardless of whether you're using a DSLR or P&S as long as the shutter speed is too low to create a proper exposure.

    Welcome to DPP by the way.

    Hi Sir David,

    Meaning, the shutter speed settings should be cranked up to a fast / high shutter speed to minimize the blur?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator David Tong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

    Yes, but to a limit, regardless of what gear you use, you'll be limited to how much available light is present. If the available light is low, you have to use an artificial light source such as a flash. Try googling "shutter speed" and you'll find ample amount of information on how to use shutter speed correctly.

  5. #5
    Member Bambit Gaerlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Matina, Davao City
    Posts
    5,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by archiedavid View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Mine is a Kodak C913. Good for videos and pictures too. Pero I hate the blurred images when my subject moves. Ako pa naman, as much as possible, I don't want to use flash. Kaya I'm planning to buy a DSLR. (pag may pera na) hehehe...
    Have you tried using the ISO selection feature of your camera? Not sure if you can change the shutter speed on your particular Kodak brand, but a quick check of its manual says you have 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000 ISO choices on your camera.

    Blur Reduction is also available (try activating that, if you haven't yet) and try a higher ISO setting. Although high ISO is advised for low-light scenes it might also help decrease the blur as it will allow a faster shutter speed. Just a suggestion

    P.S. I started with a Kodak CX7330
    Last edited by Bambit Gaerlan; 12-08-2009 at 02:03 PM.

  6. #6
    DPP Member archiedavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by bambitgaerlan View Post
    Have you tried using the ISO selection feature of your camera? Not sure if you can change the shutter speed on your particular Kodak brand, but a quick check of its manual says you have 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000 ISO choices on your camera.

    Blur Reduction is also available (try activating that, if you haven't yet) and try a higher ISO setting. Although high ISO is advised for low-light scenes it might also help decrease the blur as it will allow a faster shutter speed. Just a suggestion

    P.S. I started with a Kodak CX7330

    Thanks for the advise. Yun nga lang, you'll be sacrificing the image quality. It will create a lot of noise. hehehe...

  7. #7
    DPP Member Eric Yrigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cebu City
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

    haha! i had a C315 camera given from work.. im an ex-callcenter agent from kodak... wohohooo!!! power cycle is the best solution!

  8. #8
    DPP Member royguadana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Katipunan QC
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot



    I so love my Kodak M530. Compact slim, great for those KODAK moments... I love carrying it better than my Canon G11. hehehe...
    VISIONARY PHOTO HUB

    E. Rodriguez cor Gilmore Sts. Quezon City


    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 50mm 1.8 II
    EF 24 - 70mm F2.8 L
    EF-S 10-22mm 3.5 - 4.5

    Canon Speedlight 270 ex
    Canon Speedlight 430 ex

    Kata DR - 466i BB

    Canon Powershot G11

    Kodak m530

    Apple MacBook Air / Apple Iphone 4

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •