If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking My Kodak Point and Shoot

Hi Guys,

Mine is a Kodak C913. Good for videos and pictures too. Pero I hate the blurred images when my subject moves. Ako pa naman, as much as possible, I don't want to use flash. Kaya I'm planning to buy a DSLR. (pag may pera na) hehehe...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Kodak Point and Shoot

Blurred images from moving subjects will occur regardless of whether you're using a DSLR or P&S as long as the shutter speed is too low to create a proper exposure.

Welcome to DPP by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Tong View Post
    Blurred images from moving subjects will occur regardless of whether you're using a DSLR or P&S as long as the shutter speed is too low to create a proper exposure.

Welcome to DPP by the way.

Hi Sir David,

Meaning, the shutter speed settings should be cranked up to a fast / high shutter speed to minimize the blur?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but to a limit, regardless of what gear you use, you'll be limited to how much available light is present. If the available light is low, you have to use an artificial light source such as a flash. Try googling "shutter speed" and you'll find ample amount of information on how to use shutter speed correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archiedavid View Post
    Hi Guys,

Mine is a Kodak C913. Good for videos and pictures too. Pero I hate the blurred images when my subject moves. Ako pa naman, as much as possible, I don't want to use flash. Kaya I'm planning to buy a DSLR. (pag may pera na) hehehe...
    Have you tried using the ISO selection feature of your camera? Not sure if you can change the shutter speed on your particular Kodak brand, but a quick check of its manual says you have 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000 ISO choices on your camera.

Blur Reduction is also available (try activating that, if you haven't yet) and try a higher ISO setting. Although high ISO is advised for low-light scenes it might also help decrease the blur as it will allow a faster shutter speed. Just a suggestion

P.S. I started with a Kodak CX7330
    Last edited by Bambit Gaerlan; 12-08-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bambitgaerlan View Post
    Have you tried using the ISO selection feature of your camera? Not sure if you can change the shutter speed on your particular Kodak brand, but a quick check of its manual says you have 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000 ISO choices on your camera.

Blur Reduction is also available (try activating that, if you haven't yet) and try a higher ISO setting. Although high ISO is advised for low-light scenes it might also help decrease the blur as it will allow a faster shutter speed. Just a suggestion

P.S. I started with a Kodak CX7330

Thanks for the advise. Yun nga lang, you'll be sacrificing the image quality. It will create a lot of noise. hehehe...

Post Thanks / Like

haha! i had a C315 camera given from work.. im an ex-callcenter agent from kodak... wohohooo!!! power cycle is the best solution!

Post Thanks / Like

I so love my Kodak M530. Compact slim, great for those KODAK moments... I love carrying it better than my Canon G11. hehehe...
    VISIONARY PHOTO HUB

E. Rodriguez cor Gilmore Sts. Quezon City

Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 50mm 1.8 II
    EF 24 - 70mm F2.8 L
    EF-S 10-22mm 3.5 - 4.5

Canon Speedlight 270 ex
    Canon Speedlight 430 ex

Kata DR - 466i BB

Canon Powershot G11

Kodak m530

Apple MacBook Air / Apple Iphone 4