If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Which photo do you like best?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Photo 01

65 47.45%
  • Photo 02

72 52.55%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photo Face Off Challenge 04 - Paul Quiambao Versus Aldrich Lim

woah!! pretty close fight eh?! I'd like to hear a comment from a common friend of the 2 guys...hehehehe...hellllooooooooooo..jaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaam!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

voted for photo number 1, more depth and more elements (without being too cluttered) for the eyes to move around the whole frame. I'm also a no a fan of putting the horizon smack dab in the middle as done in photo number 2.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a tough decision, but my vote went to Photo #1

#1-Best points for me would go to composition and depth: while there are more elements in the scene, they are actually clearly demarcated into layers. Its a classic scene of looking into a picture and seeing something different each time, which is my definition of a rock'n'roll photo!

#2-I love the ominous skies and its contrast to the still unwavering docks. However, at the back of my mind, a few things nag my spine like the blurred boats- I would have really liked detail on those, and as was mentioned, some character as foreground element - and that the islands silhouette are just too far off (small) against the vast skies. I like the concept of the photo but there's just a few things that I want to change in it.

Both are great photos IMHO, and it was really a close win for me for Photo #1. Congrats on both photographers...youre on your way to fame and fortune!
    +++

Post Thanks / Like

Photo 2.

There are too many photos similar to Photo 1 around. Doesn't mean it's not nice though, it's just that Photo 2 is a first for me.
    Flickr

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.
    When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence..

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the SECOND photo because of it's balance. Composition wise, the dock serves as leading lines that would lead the viewer to the mountains at the far left. This creates a sense of depth in the photo.

Moreover, you can almost feel the wind blowing just by looking at it, because of the movements of the clouds and the violent movements of the boat (which is also facing the direction where the clouds are apparently originating). And by capturing the movement, it promotes depth as well.

IMHO.
    Last edited by ryancapulong; 08-03-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Photo 1 exudes the kind of calm amidst the raging sea and wind -- see how solid those rocks appear ?

I like the fact that it embodies a number of elements, such as rule of thirds, implied S-curve, the elements, tonality, and dynamism, singularity, and plurality of contrasts. These are the factors that stand out better than those in the other image.

As such, I vote for Photo 01.
    Last edited by danpagulayan; 08-04-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Know Christ and Make Him Known

DPP Member Julius Caezar Malicse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for #2. The first time i saw the blurred out boat and the moving clouds immediate tells me something is coming. The motion of the boat tells me, uh oh, strong winds and wave... there might be a storm and better head for shelter.

As for #1. It is a lovely time lapse of a sea scape. I would have loved it if it showed the changing color of a sunset from yellow to dark blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timramos View Post
    And a bit off topic: How do you guys pick the two photographers who get features? Just curious.
    It's a decision made with the spirits involved. A dash of salt, a squirt of lime and a lot tequila helps the decision making process.

Apart from that, we comb the forums for interesting photos from our members and decide who goes for PVP. We also accept suggestions from our readers on who they think should be up next.
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nino_carandang View Post
    It's a decision made with the spirits involved. A dash of salt, a squirt of lime and a lot tequila helps the decision making process.

Apart from that, we comb the forums for interesting photos from our members and decide who goes for PVP. We also accept suggestions from our readers on who they think should be up next.
    Thanks for answering sir! Cheers to that! Hehehe.
    Ugly, shy, and anachronistic.
    ------------------
    Flickr
    A Little Bit of Something
    ------------------
    So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be. - Charlie, the Perks of Being a Wallflower

Post Thanks / Like

photo 1 is like a textbook definition of todays pop landscape photography..

..whereas photo 2 has more character, drama & depth. my pick for this challenge.
    "Frame A Blank Mind"