If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.


Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    DPP Member andre_umlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    when to shoot in B&W (black/white)



    i noticed some people post nice B&W (black and white) shots, do you set your camera to B/W? or just photoshop it after taking a normal picture?

    also, when do you shoot in B&W? is there a rule to follow?

  2. #2
    DPP Member PJEnriquez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabang
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: when to shoot in B&W (black/white)

    you can do either. When i want black and white is shoot RAW in black and white. I can always bring it back to color if i want to in PS.
    Canon EOS 50D - "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you just might miss it."

  3. #3
    DPP Member leonidestpili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile Re: when to shoot in B&W (black/white)

    You might like to have a look at this Why Black and White Photography?

  4. #4
    DPP Member andre_umlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: when to shoot in B&W (black/white)

    Quote Originally Posted by leonidestpili View Post
    You might like to have a look at this Why Black and White Photography?
    WOW!!! just started reading and looking at the various topics at the site.. i am learning a lot already..

    thanks a lot!

  5. #5
    DPP Moderator Lloyd San Diego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cainta, RIzal
    Posts
    756
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: when to shoot in B&W (black/white)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre_umlas View Post
    i noticed some people post nice B&W (black and white) shots, do you set your camera to B/W? or just photoshop it after taking a normal picture?

    also, when do you shoot in B&W? is there a rule to follow?
    hi andre,

    welcome to dpp... there's a lot of techniques involve when shooting B&W. if you want to know more about it, try getting a copy of DPP's Issue #24 "Black Magic".

  6. #6
    DPP Member andre_umlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: when to shoot in B&W (black/white)



    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd San Diego View Post
    hi andre,

    welcome to dpp... there's a lot of techniques involve when shooting B&W. if you want to know more about it, try getting a copy of DPP's Issue #24 "Black Magic".
    thank you, how do i get a copy? or subscribe to the mag?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •