If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Running The Business Of Photo Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey_Chua View Post
    Hi Jon,

Maybe you should start with the question, "What are you passionate about?" Is it photography, or the business of photography? If you are passionate about photography - if you love to shoot, but you are not too keen on doing the business of photography, then I suggest that you keep your day job, and be a happy hobbyist.

I understand the situation you're in, especially about where you live and the restrictions that it offers. We went through the same dilemma and here's the story http://www.daysstories.blogspot.com/...-decision.html

Here is what I am trying to emphasize. There are always pros and cons - two sides to a coin. Only you can decide for yourself. But the lesson here is this - whatever decision you choose, focus on why you chose that decision. Don't live in regrets by focusing on why you should have chosen what you did not choose. Who knows, someday, you might be able to enjoy both - what you, for some reason, missed or skipped and what you earlier chose to enjoy.
    Thanks Maam Harvey for continuing what Sir Leandres has started. Thanks for accommodating the questions and for sharing an inspirational story.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Running The Business Of Photo Studios

Mrs. Harvey, as always, I am very thankful to your advice. You are one of the few who does not fail to inspire other people.

You are right. In the end, everything depends on what decision I will make and I can only know what's there if I act on it. That makes me even more inspired and excited. Looking forward and seeing myself doing business on Photography excites me. Very soon I'll be following the footsteps you and your husband took.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey_Chua View Post
    Hi Jon,

Maybe you should start with the question, "What are you passionate about?" Is it photography, or the business of photography? If you are passionate about photography - if you love to shoot, but you are not too keen on doing the business of photography, then I suggest that you keep your day job, and be a happy hobbyist.

I understand the situation you're in, especially about where you live and the restrictions that it offers. We went through the same dilemma and here's the story http://www.daysstories.blogspot.com/...-decision.html

Here is what I am trying to emphasize. There are always pros and cons - two sides to a coin. Only you can decide for yourself. But the lesson here is this - whatever decision you choose, focus on why you chose that decision. Don't live in regrets by focusing on why you should have chosen what you did not choose. Who knows, someday, you might be able to enjoy both - what you, for some reason, missed or skipped and what you earlier chose to enjoy.