If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Stock photos

just want to know more or the process..

1. Whats the ongoing rate? or how to rate?
    2. pricing? per picture? per quality? per use?
    3. delivered via email? cd? FTP?
    4. Royalty-free?
    5. Photographer can/can't sell the image as many times as he wants?
    6. Payment process? via credit card (wat if you don't have a gateway payment?), bank?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Richard,

There's a writeup regarding stock photo sites in Issue No.2 in the magazine. Check it out.
    There's no light to guide on my way home. There's no time to shine my rusty halo.

Post Thanks / Like
    please visit www.eyesofasia.com. it will be launched soon. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Earning money from Micro Stock Photography

If you're interested in learning how to earn $$$ from your stock photos right away, click on this:

Otherwise, please proceed to the original Post #1 for this thread below...

--------------------------

Hello to everyone.

I've just started doing microstock photography two months ago (and started earning $$$ too, see links in my signature). I'm a part-time photographer, full time employee and have done some corporate, industrial and travel photography.

Any active Filipino microstock photographers here?

Cheers!
    Last edited by anton_villalon; 03-14-2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Frequent questions and PMs on the topic
    Anton Villalon
    antonvillalon.multiply.com

$$$ Earn money from your photos! $$$. Shutterstock
    , iStockphoto, Dreamstime, Stockxpert, Bigstockphoto, Fotolia, 123rf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you give more detail on what kind of photos earn on those microstock agencies?
    "No amount of latest, greatest, high-tech nor flashy gear can compensate for your lack of skill."

Tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an iStockphoto account and I started like 2 years ago when I was just fiddling & shooting still objects. I haven't got time to upload much lately unlike before but it's still earning a little each day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anton, welcome to DPP and congratulations on your interesting 1st post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm....this is interesting. In a $$$ sort of way! Thanks for sharing this info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since photography is also just a hobby for me and not a full time work, I felt so good and excited getting into this practice. I have even boasted to my friends that I already start making money out of my pictures. Although I did not tell them how much.

However, I stopped submitting my photos to these photo agencies after two of my images was sold for around US$400 each in a local photo agency.

I could have sold more to a company preparing brochures for a 5-star hotel here in Dubai but since they already saw it in Istock, they have only paid $28 for the 3 photos. They sent me a request to take pictures of specific place and would be willing to pay me only for another $150 and I told myself it's not even worth my time.

IMHO, this kind of practice makes photography cheap. It's sounds good and exciting for people who are just making a hobby out of it and sell a few bucks but it really affects those people who have invested so much time and money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cesar Parroco
    However, I stopped submitting my photos to these photo agencies after two of my images was sold for around US$400 each in a local photo agency.

I could have sold more to a company preparing brochures for a 5-star hotel here in Dubai but since they already saw it in Istock, they have only paid $28 for the 3 photos. They sent me a request to take pictures of specific place and would be willing to pay me only for another $150 and I told myself it's not even worth my time.

IMHO, this kind of practice makes photography cheap. It's sounds good and exciting for people who are just making a hobby out of it and sell a few bucks but it really affects those people who have invested so much time and money.
    I've never made a single cent out of photography, I'd rather do it for the pleasure it gives me and the enjoyment of learning new skills. However I do have a little ambition and one day hope to make a little money out of my passion though I'd rather be a good photographer than a financially successful one.

Micro stock agency's in my opinion are cheapening the skills of a photographer and taking business away from established professionals. So many people in the digital age have vision's of grandeur and want to make a living out of photography but signing up to micro stock agency's or significantly undercutting established pro's is actually killing the business they want to get into.

How many times have you seen post's like "First wedding on Saturday, what flash should I buy for this?" or somebody posted recently that they lost all the images on there compact flash card. Thing's like this cheapen the art of photography and reduce its worth in the eye's of the paying public.

If you want respect as a photographer you need to earn it buy being a professional in every area of your business.

So as you can gather, I don't like micro stock agencies

Mike
    Life with your balls on fire
    Life without the Catholic Church and its bullshit

What ever happened to Gigi Paler the image stealer.