If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Fotodiox OM-4/3 adapter, do you use one?

Hi guys, has anyone ever used an OM to 4/3 adapter, in particular this Fotodiox?

Does it have focus confirmation or if not, can I tell it through manually focusing from live view? There are a lot of these OM-4/3 adapters and it's hard to tell which one would work better. The Olympus MF-1 is a bit expensive.

Do you follow Olympus's recommended f-stops, for example a Zuiko 50mm f1.8's recommended f-stop stop is f2.8-f8 with a 4/3 adapter?

Thanks a lot for a response.
    Last edited by joselsucayan; 08-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fotodiox OM-4/3 adapter, do you use one?

hi josel! i use an adapter for my zuiko 50 1.4 i find it sharp from f2.0 and above, but soft (portrait soft) at 1.4 f8 is already dark using the adapter. basically the settings in the net can be your guidelines but you can decide for yourself once you use the lens/adapter. there are adapters with focus confirmation but they are more expensive. do i use it often... no. my wife does. i still prefer AF.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Dex. I guess I have to use the eyes again for the focus.

I've been fiddling with the Live View and started to find it nifty. I'm not a fan of Live View initially, but it's handy on the Oly. I can actually have a preview of custom (manual) WB, not just the pre-set custom WB. Cool

Post Thanks / Like

ay wait josel, i wonder why i haven't tried the OM lens with Live View... could be result in something good!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, Dex, I mean live view with the ZD 25mm. I haven't tried Live View with the OM lens. The OM lens I bought from keh.com is still in transit (UPS Ground). The adapter-mount which was sent via regular mail infact arrived first, baliktad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joselsucayan View Post
    Oh no, Dex, I mean live view with the ZD 25mm. I haven't tried Live View with the OM lens. The OM lens I bought from keh.com is still in transit (UPS Ground). The adapter-mount which was sent via regular mail infact arrived first, baliktad.
    Live View worked on the OM lens with adapter. You can preview custom white balance (not just the presets). You can even magnify the frame's center to check manual focus accuracy. Cool. Kaso with a camera without in-body IS, I need to compensate with a faster lens, and only the 50s have widely available 1.4 and 1.8 max aperture and a 50mm would effectively give you 100mm, which is kinda narrow. Kung sa bagay, a lot of people still use 50 primes on their DSLR, and that gives about 75mm, which is not much if I have to step back a little to achieve a wider view due to th 2x crop.

You can even see through LiveView a little "purple fringing" at max aperture for my 50mm f1.8, and gradually goes away when stopped down. Sweet!